Do not bailout liquidated individuals with treasury funds

yes it is part, and thats where they will use the funds from

what’s the marketcap? $824.33m?
what’s the treasury at $822.97m?

so the treasury, a) doesn’t have enough b) $822m of that is not in a stablecoin c) would NEVER be enough to buy at $48,552 per wMEMO to keep the price there

Deleted. Posted on wrong thread.

Many responsible people paid off their loans prior to liquidation, at personal expense. Any payback that forgets these people would be morally wrong.

1 Like

The Mad Hatter says to tax the whales and 5% buy in fee. 5% buy in. 15% sells tax. 5% to holders, 10% to treasury, and 5% to weekly auto buybacks.

This sets a VERY dangerous precedent you paying people back. I bought in at $8,500 per TIME token and bought 20k worth of tokens. I am more bullish on the project now than I was when I bought in BUT am confused because it seems like I, as a long time holder, am being punished more than people that play it risky and loose their money? To ensure trust in the project why don’t you give tokens to the people who are propping up the project and have been for months now? Don’t pay off the people that are destroying the project and reward the long term stakers. Right?

9 Likes

i think we, ppl who held during this crash, should ALL be compensated. or no one. we all are hurting. some have lost a HUGE percentage they put in without leveraging.

5 Likes

People who leverage and got liquidated in a bear sentiment market deserved it

6 Likes

yeah let’s also buy them a boat and a house.If you want to repay someone repay minus the MIMs they would need to repay at the current price you have the data.Liquidated guys are not the same with spot traders.

3 Likes

I second this, no way we long term holders and people who deleverage still bleeding and some people who play with fire get reimbursed. This doesn’t help the DAO and the project no matter it’s paid by the treasury or the Sifu and Dani’s pockets.

2 Likes

Great sir.

I’m all for not refunding any liquidations.

2 Likes

My response to this is the same as it was last time. No. The people who were risk averse and didn’t leverage shouldn’t take a hit because other people did and got liquidated.

The only thing that gives the argument any credence at all is that Sifu mentioned limit orders preventing a large drop below the backing price. And if thats what the argument is based on, the teams personal funds should be used to refund people that got liquidated, not the treasury funds. Its their mistake, and if they want to fix it, they can use their funds as far as I’m concerned.

In saying that, I feel like the ‘Do not repay’ and ‘repay individuals out of sifu/dani’s pocket’ options should have been combined, as that is what Sifu plans to do if this is voted down.

2 Likes

I’m furious just thinking about this. This is completely unfair that we would use treasury funds to reward someone’s risky behavior.

I want us to focus on growing the treasury. No more automated buy backs. No more bail out nonsense.

I’m voting with a huge f-ing NO and I will dedicate every spare moment I have on pushing this on every platform until we go to WIP snapshot.

3 Likes

This is about trust and community. Repaying will hurt in short run, but be beneficial and build trust in long run. do it!

1 Like

There’s no way I agree with paying greedy people from the hodlers pockets!!! IF this will come through, I’m selling everything and fk this!

1 Like

This will not pass. Help us by encouraging folks to vote NO to bailout.

wagmi

1 Like

Or, vote no. Sifu will use his assets. Then it doesn’t hurt any frog except the one that everyone is blaming. Using the treasury assets just hurts everyone who didn’t leverage in the first place.

that would be completely wrong signal.

==> That causes more LEVERAGE and this event will happen again and again cause of others who go short and creates these liquidation candles

STOP LEVERAGING or BORROWING wMEMO/MEMO/TIME at all !!! That is the simple solution to avoid such events. The best leverage for normal investors is no leverage :wink:

1 Like

Let’s add to the first post a few words about that people read the pros and cons before they vote. It is important reminder. We must take into account all the arguments.

It’s a good question regarding whether or not Wonderland has in its treasury enough assets to buy up all the wMemo available. If I understand it correctly, its intrinsic value is based on the value of the assets backing Time/Memo. Some aren’t stablecoins, yeah, but they still hold a value.

So the backing price could fall due to market fluctuations, not necessarily confidence in Wonderland itself. The price of wmemo falling and testing the backing, testing whether or not the treasury will buy back some of its own tokens at what the project claims is the intrinsic value of Time, yeah, that’s definitely a confidence test.

If we’re going to have a backed currency then we need to back it, with mechanisms that will spend some of the funds from the treasury on the market When they’re needed. If we don’t want that, I mean, I guess we should find another project to invest in that doesn’t have the Goal of being a backed currency. We had multiple tests of the system now and they appear to be actively finding ways to make sure it securely works when it is needed.

While I don’t disagree that the treasury might not be able to buy ALL wmemo at over 40k at the same time, I think it’s feasible that they can maintain a backing against the liquidity on various markets with the value of the assets they have in the treasury, which are allocated specifically for that purpose.

I also don’t think those that were liquidated should even be refunded the full amount they were liquidated. I think it should be some reasonable fraction that takes into account their position risk and abra liquidation fee. It should also be comparable to those that deleveraged in time to save their positions, but less so than how most of that group were affected.