Freezing the rebase for 72 hours

All the more need for a tiered system for the rebasing.

Freezing Rebases for 72h is not gonna solve the problem, it only delays the inevitable whale dumping by 72h.
And when they dump after 72h, their profits will have compound even more.

1 Like

AFAIK whales providing liquidity, volume and transaction fees in this ecosystem is a huge net positive. Let the whales play and the Hodlers Hodle. This is Defi.

4 Likes

Another idea apart from everything that has been suggested so far, can be an unstake fee equal to the value of a rebase. This way, if you stake -1 min, and unstake +1 min, you lose money and it won’t be a profitable behavior. They can still exploit i guess (if thats even a problem) but they will have to keep it at least 8 hours.

I’m not an expert in maths or in finance, but if there is an exploitable behavior that harms the little froggies/the project, i expect something to be done about it.

completely agree this is mentioned also on another discussion. also exposes whales to minor risk like your average holder and should disrupt the schedule meaning they don’t all pump and dump together.
JK3

Very informed comment, with good data. Thank you. I think it this posibility for arbitrage is inhibited not only by barrier to entry but also the fear of coming short due to fluctuations in price.

true but a lot of selling pressure

Well, whales are not draining anything other then their own TIME for their own wallet.
I guess this means we don’t need to lock anything for 72h.

Good talk.

2 Likes