Invest $1 million of our treasury to Ukraine's future

The guy that proposed this idea is probably an Azov/Aidar batallion fighter himself

I 100% disagree that a direct monetary investment should be made to any nation-state, regardless of circumstance. Not only would it be impossible to ensure that the money is put to good use, it’s highly likely it would end up funding more fighting.

However I don’t want to dismiss the sentiment entirely, as I am a huge proponent of decentralized and ad-hoc organizations providing beneficial services where they are needed anywhere in the world.

That being said, I think that there are some creative ways in which we could help those impacted by crisis hedge against further loss, transfer their assets to currencies which cannot be siezed, and generally do some good. Not just in Ukraine but being an ad-hoc protector of those in crisis.

Just spitballing here, but the whole idea of a protocol as a service has given me some ideas… off the top of my head:

1. Partitioning a small percentage on an account-to-account basis the stablecoin holdings in the treasury as a way for refugees (or any human in danger of financial seizure) to protect their assets from being stolen or siezed during travel with the option to convert their balance to MEMO during travel, potentially gaining a yield in the meantime, with a guarantee (with a set time limit on holding; from the partition) of receiving at least what they put in back.

2. A marketing or social media campaign aimed at people facing crisis to bond assets into the protocol as a means of passive income. Partnering with a fiat on ramp direct to Wonderland could dramatically increase the user base. If we focused on those who may be too intimidated by cryptocurrency terms and technology, we could be the first stop for passive income. Couple this with a “Web2” UI, that doesn’t require someone looking for passive income to require an extensive knowledge of cryptocurrency to benefit from high yield (a layman’s UI if you will) that allows MEMO to be locked in monthly increments, until an ROI is met, etc.

3. If refugees fleeing property or anyone facing a government shift or destruction of property, where it is uncertain if the infrastructure they returned to will honor the deeds proving they own said property could mint these as an ERC-721 to be held in Treasury holdings until a time comes when they return and need to have a proof of ownership and time, the treasury could act as a deposit box for real world assets represented as NFTs, further diversifying and increasing the value of the underlying assets.

4. Allowing for the swapping of different countries stablecoins via the treasury could be beneficial for people who are moving through countries either out of a war zone or just traveling around the world for a lower fee than a fiat broker, with the fees (and possible arbitrage trade profit) instead going to current stakers proportionally. Since the protocol is majorly dependent on holding stable assets, it seems only natural that being able to swap multiple assets currently usable in the real world day-to-day would be a valuable use-case.

I know that each of these ideas could probably have a discussion of their own, and may Veer off course from the current road map but just some thoughts given the discussion topic. I didn’t want to completely disagree without providing some alternative that could have benefit to those that OP wants to help.

2 Likes

There are civil wars, drug wars and terrorist insurgencies taking place right now in at least 15 countries around the world. And there will always be some sort of humanitarian crises we’ll have to support. However, there are organizations and governmental entities already in place who sole purpose is to tend to the needs of the people. This project ain’t that; it’s an investment tool and I think it would be wise to refrain from involving this group in anything that would suggest otherwise. The thought is a kind gesture, but my vote is to stay out of it.

I would support having a link for donating wMemo (or another crypto) to Ukraine via the wonderland home page at holder discretion. This should be an optional gesture given to individual holders who choose to do so, not a mandated donation through the proposal process.

no way. Wonderland should focus on strengthening itself first

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.