Name: [RFC] - Defining Dani’s Role at Wonderland
Scope: In the spirit of becoming more organized as a DAO not to mention Dani himself has said we should look at being more legit and becoming more like a corporation, this RFC introduces a defined role and responsibilities for Daniele Sesta at Wonderland.
Link to previous [DAO Discussion]: “[DAO Discussion] - Defining Dani’s Role at Wonderland”
Objective: Daniele Sesta’s role and responsibilities at Wonderland should be to benefit Wonderland. This RFC’s objective is to create a clear outline for Daniele’s role and responsibilities. As well as potentially implement an enforcement mechanism when responsibilities are overstepped.
Provide a High Level Overview:
The RFC will focus on two parts to achieve WIP maturity:
- Introduce outline of responsibilities for Daniele Sesta
- Discuss and potentially pick an enforcement mechanism
If necessary, modify responsibilities and enforcement mechanism before moving to a WIP.
Provide Low Level Details:
1. Seek out investment opportunities beneficial for Wonderland and present them to the community and/or Treasury Manager.
As outlined in [WIP #7] Daniele Sesta is to advise and strategize in conjunction with the elected Treasury Manager. This includes NO unilateral usage of Wonderland treasury funds.
While it is reasonable to believe Daniele may need to make certain emergency use of the treasury, these should not be made without the Treasury Manager’s consent.
In case of a disagreement with the Treasury Manager, if no compromise can be reached, further consultation should be done with the rest of the team members (if required) to ensure that the involved parties are not being unreasonable.
When judged necessary, the situation may be brought in front of the DAO for final decision. However, any use of funds overruling the Treasury Manager’s objection should be reported to the DAO as soon as possible to implement corrective measures if required.
3. Properly disclose and communicate potential conflict of interest to the team and community to ensure that decisions are not made at Wonderland’s expense.
As shown in the original [DAO Discussion] recent events have the appearance of conflict of interest and should be thoroughly communicated before such acts occur.
4. Ensure/delegate to an elected official the responsibility and implementation of passed Wonderland Improvement Proposal.
5. Ensure/delegate to an elected official the responsibility to ensure plans and strategies are communicated to the community.
i.e., Consistent and quality communication and coordination with elected Wonderland Moderators, Treasury Manager, Developers, and Community.
6. Promote and coordinate potential collaborations within the Frog Nation ecosystem beneficial to Wonderland
With the possibility of a merge, collaboration, and/or funding round with Abracadabra in the future, clear communication and coordination of any of the before-mentioned is needed. As well as taken through the appropriate governance steps.
Discuss and vote on responsibilities:
- Yes, implement these roles, limitations, and responsibilities for Daniele Sesta as Co-Founder & Chief Strategist
- No, do not implement these roles, limitations, and responsibilities for Daniele Sesta as Co-Founder & Chief Strategist
- Yes, but with modifications
Rules are only as effective as their enforcement. In the same spirit of becoming more organized and like a corporation, we need checks/balances and consequences if said roles and duties are being overstepped.
i.e., having a three-strikes or two-strikes policy.
However, to remain in the scope of this proposal (defining Dani’s role), it is believe that an enforcement mechanism should be fleshed out in a separate proposal in order to have a proper discussion around it.