[RFC] - Stopping Rebases

If you have wMEMO and want to know its value you just look at what its trading at… or what its backing is which is now accessible each quarter.

Index just freezes.

Why would the wMEMO/mim deplete?

2 Likes

Even if there is a price drop this does not effect the backing of wMEMO.

2 Likes

This is not a given.

From what I have read in the contracts rebases only stops when SUPPLY of TIME > TREASURY RESERVES
this happens in the treasury contract which we keep no reserves we spoof it with a token called EXCESS.
it rebases so long as each token can be backed by $1

Oh no! 93 people from the internet voted to Make no changes! What are we going to do!!!???!?!? OBVIOUSLY we must shut down this crazy talk of ending the rebases. It is clear that we MUST keep them going.

Why would we end some pointless scammy gimmick to what is becoming a very succesuflly run DAO, when 93 whole people voted to MAKE NO CHANGES!!!

1 Like

Because that is how it works. Even less people from the internet want them to stop so they go on.

Where does it say anything about needing the RFC vote to be in favor for it to move to a WIP?

My sarcastic point was that 93 total votes for something is not a lot. It doesn’t matter if a very tiny amount of people complain and vote to make no changes. It should STILL move forward to a snapshot vote. There you will see the real number of voters.

Then you are missing the point. Only a small portion of all holders are even on here(which imo is their mistake, but still) In some Telegram groups I visit this thread was posted and the replies were as described above; people were ready to drop their wMEMO entirely. The 93 people of this forum are a tip of the unseen icebergh. If rebases stop, this will have quite the negative effect I think. Something we don’t need in any market but especially not in a bear market where chances of recovering are much slimmer.

1 Like

People selling WMEMO below backing value is exactly what we need, it is not a bad thing that people that don’t understand sell and leave their token value with the treasury. That is how the price of WMEMO goes down, which allows for buybacks, which allows for backing price to go up.

Most holders understand that rebases do nothing, you only hear from the ones that do not understand.

While I am not convinced that what you are saying there is correct, even it is correct I think you realy underestimate how many of those people there are. And buybacks are nice but since the DAO decided to provide Redemption opportunities on a quarterly basis we will be bleeding money I fear, so without fresh funds being invested I would become a race to the bottom I’m afraid.

If it was my call I would keep rebases and simply start up the minting again. Say what you will, it worked just fine the first 6 months. It was after the FUD it all went down the crapper.

I think there are a lot investing small amounts, holding TIME, MEMO, and maybe WMEMO and farming it even, but I think they don’t understand. I think the ones that are investing millions of dollars do understand, and their voting power far exceeds that of the small holders. I don’t know this, but that is what the snapshot vote is for. Put it to a vote. If the rebases go away good, and if people sell because they are upset and don’t understand, then even better. If the vote fails then nothing really changes anyway, we are just stuck with rebases for longer.

These 93 people probs got the collective voting power of 1 yes giga chad

Amazing how much humility you have towards others who do not agree with you. You presume a lot and always see yourself as correct, even with no bases for that. Try opening up to other peoples opinions and accept others as equals and as intelligent as yourself. When I read some of your comments ‘These 93 people probs got the collective voting power of 1 yes giga chad’ and a comment made ‘for those less intelligent’ reads bad and you have no idea the voting power of these people or IQ. Is it simply because they disagree with you.

2 Likes

when you engage with most of them, not all of them, but most of them, and try to get to common ground, they explain why they think rebases are giving them profit, and then explain how every time they look at their wallet, there is more TIME tokens in there, and therefore they have more profit.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

It doesn’t matter if they have an opinion different than mine, that is fine. But you can also have your facts wrong, like the earth is not flat. But sure you can believe that all you want, it still does not make it true.

True, but it not only increses due to the rebases there is a compounding factor I want to see play out. Like I said: If what you and others are saying is correct there is no harm in letting it run and I would like to see it play out. And like I said also there are far more important matters to focus on then rebases in this regard.

This being said lets say for the sake of argument you are right, then it would still be a bad time to do this. We need an influx of people buying into TIME/MEMO/wMEMO not an exodus. A good time to do this would be during a bull run and even then the timing and communicating should be perfect to avoid a stampede.

So in my opinion stopping rebases now is a wrong move no matter which way you look at it.

I can tell you how its gonna go, TIME PRICE :chart_with_downwards_trend: , MEMO BALLANCE :arrow_double_up: . INVESTMENT VALUE stays relatively same…

Time will tell… If you leave the freakin rebases alone that is :joy:

1 Like

Good for us. Why you are worried for our investment. I don’t understand

Kyle, if by “these people” you are referring to the WL community, I have to ask:

How old are you?

May I advise, keep your demeanor at the same level as your ego, and all will be fine. If your ego were to precipitously decline, benchmark demeanor against your manners. And there is nothing wrong with having an inflated ego. It’s an advantage in situations like these. :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps the only practical value in the rebase, which is purely aesthetic but nonetheless, a strong reason to preserve it for the time being, while preparing the community for the inevitable.

Those supporting rebases are not doing so because they are selling off their rebase as soon as they get it (at least not the proponents of rebasing in this forum).

Is this the most efficient way to bring in revenue for the treasury from wMEMO demand?

We have a few items this DAO must address in order to turn this protocol into a blue chip DeFi brand. Top of the list is:

• Revise the TIME/MEMO/wMEMO structure to exploit advantages of the tokens and delist TIME as it is a point of weakness. Here’s why:

Arbitrage desks consider this structure as unfriendly, thus we are not benefiting from price discovery closing the gap vs. backing price.

The “cringe” effect of offering a 70,000% APY is terrible for marketing, especially since it is in fact nothing more than a marketing gimmick, like offering free toasters for a new checking account that charges you one toaster per month in fees.

The lack of liquidity in TIME is reflective of an unhealthy protocol, which we are not.

wMEMO is superior for multiple reasons: multi-chain, listings, liquidity, etc…

wMEMO needs to incentivize large traders to trust the price and easily recognize if there is positive arbitrage, thus bringing market price close to par.

wMEMO should become the exclusive token for the protocol, and the only tradable token. It should serve as the only point of entry into the protocol.

Because Dapp’s cannot directly communicate with off-chain information, things like liquidation, algo order flow, and risk management need price oracles in order to function. With real time off chain data delivered to the smart contract, automated smart contract executions can handle most of the repetitive functions of the treasury and lay the foundation for a multi-manager fund or one that is purely automated and designed by the DAO community, or a hybrid.

It is highly likely that Oracles will increase trading volumes, thus improving liquidity. Liquidity attracts liquidity. And a rising price needs liquidity.

Did you read what I replied to?

It was pertaining to people holding time. they are getting diluted every day 3x a day.

so yes I do feel sorry for these people holding time.