[RFC] - Stopping Rebases

It does do the one main harm of diluting people holding Time unstaked.

Everyone will be happy when we are past this transition :smiley: And focus on revenue from investments, etc.

1 Like

Well I am a firm believer in that stupidity should be rewarded :joy:
Rebases don’t harm them though, they themseves harm them.

Before you can transition you need have something to offer that will make it worthwhile to transition to. Otherwise you will find you’re the only one who made the transition, while everybody else is off to seek out greener pastures…

Fake being what?

Rev-share gives you tokens you can sell without reducing your wMEMO stack.

2 Likes

I support finally turning these off n stopping the confusion which is not profits.

3 Likes

Is there anyway to bring back a system in which a compound interest would be paid out? As seen in another defi dao i.e., pankcake, Olympus & etc., they are holding out. Why can’t we?

1 Like

I mean you can just wrap wmemo again to include the farm rewards as apy.

If you are getting into defi magic and emissions, we would need an expert to do all that, so we might as well keep things simple with rev share.

2 Likes

I support this with the caveat that the devs need to do a full audit and dependency review on TIME token within our system. Snaphshot votes use it but more needs to be reviewed so the devs can comment on level of difficulty to make backend and frontend change. Good riddance rebases.

2 Likes

This will be my last comment on the matter because we are going round in circles.

My 2 cents:

I do not believe that rebases do not make profits I see my own rebases what they were worth and how this value is growing even when time is going down slowly due to the compounding factor. I believe there is a point that compounding is greater than the decreased worth of the token. I want to see that play out.

If by decision of the DAO this is terminated so will I terminate my holdings because a few BSSG tokens a day does not compare period. Add to this the quarterly redemption stupidity and I can only see WL going down the crapper due to poor decisions like that.

As it is now you have nothing better in place to make investing here worth it. So I say let it run until you have something better to replace it with. At this point you do not.

We need to attract capital not chase it away.

1 Like

Good ser, just because you don’t believe rebases do not make profits, doesn’t make it true. Hasn’t the actual maths and tokenomics been proven several times by different people here?

Also, saying you will quit if this discussion doesn’t go your way doesn’t really give much credibility to your case. It’s an academic point, but it kind of reads like a baby throwing a tantrum, no offence.

If you’re only in Wonderland for the rebases then maybe you should go…

1 Like

I suggest you re-read my comment, because you seem to have missed the rest.

I came to WL because I liked and understood what I read in the whitepaper and I believed this has potential. After things went to hell in january I have seen one poor decisison after another and this is just the next one. At some point you have to say enough and I am saying it here and now.

It is not a tantrum but simply stating a fact and you can be sure lots of holders not even on here will do the same. I frequent a few Telegram groups with lots of small holders and can almost guarantee they will walk away when rebases stop without a good replacement in place.

It has not because my own eyes are telling me something else when I look at how my rebases are developing. You can quote math and tokenomics all you want, at the end of the day the result I see from the rebases in terms of how much more my investment is worth is what I base my decisions on.

I would like for you to sell your rebases every 8 hrs and see how much wMEMO you have after selling. you will see it will go down, rebases do not create magical value.

As for attracting capital - Making us look more professional and not ponzi from the outside would be a good start.

And there we go again in circles. You clearly don want to hear it, which is fine. I am done with this discussion. I said my piece and stand by it.

I’m just demonstrating a way to prove to you they dont.

I’m not sure what “rest of the comment” you’re referring to?

You seem to have listed a bundle of misplaced beliefs that aren’t actually reflective of the reality of the situation.

What fact are you stating? That you believe rebases make you money? That’s not a fact. That’s a belief.

Ah. You’re one of these “I only believe what I see with my own eyes” people?

Do you also see a broken clock and suddenly think time has stopped?

Have you actually got a dollar amount attached to that number? Or are you just stuck in the Wonderland glory days watching a rebase amount slowly tick upwards? No shame in it, we all lived it.

I haven’t quoted any maths (with an ‘s’, because mathematics is plural.) or tokenomics, I was merely trying to point you in the direction of statistics and hard numbers, which are actual facts, instead of the beliefs you believe are facts.

It’s a pity this is your opinion. From where I’m sitting we’ve made step after step in the right direction, in pretty quick succession I must say, over these last weeks. If this is where your buck stops though…with the end of rebases…then I will repeat, if you’re only in Wonderland for the rebases, maybe it’s a good thing that enough is enough.

Is that a thorough enough read of your comment?

1 Like

Just to add on the end…

…because you seem to be looking to something to replace your golden cow rebases, have you thought about staking your BSGG over on Betswapp? There are pretty attractive APYs there as well, that actually hold value. Also SIFUvision is a pretty cool looking thing that we as a DAO recently invested into. Either of those should be of interest to anyone looking to fill the hole left when rebases stop.

1 Like

One more circle so it is clear, sorry.

The profits you are discussing are only from price appreciation, or really just the premium price to the treasury backing. You get the same amount by holding wmemo, or staking memo. The compounding of Time is only keeping up with the price of wmemo. If the rebases are to resemble profit, that would only be from a better premium to the treasury backing from when you bought and sold. So that means Time/memo doesnt matter as I could hold wmemo with/without rebases, and it would be the same result if price is same.

Or another way of saying it, rebases don’t alter your share of market cap (your investment), so it is not worthwhile.

2 Likes

This is the more diplomatic way of laying it out straight. Respect

1 Like

Just to be accurate and address the nuance here, rebases technically DO alter your share of the market cap currently, as there is unstaked TIME that gets diluted by rebases and therefore very slightly increases the mcap share of all staked TIME/MEMO/wMEMO.

This is obviously due to uninformed/inactive/neglected TIME holdings and should be addressed in someway. Whether it be stopping rebases, airdropping a new token, etc. But from a pure market share optimization perspective, there is an advantage to rebases atm.

That being said, 100% in favor of stopping rebases, it’s a silly relic of ohm mania days at this point

2 Likes

Correct, all the more reason to stop them because why see taking advantage of uninformed Time as a good thing to keep around.

And the point is it doesn’t alter your share of the mcap as a feature. There are little inconsistencies like this that we can get rid of with stopping rebases.

1 Like

Yes! I believe it would benefit everyone if we put an end to it. Investors are essential, and I speculate that the simpler things, especially for investors, will result in more involvement leading to additional investors contributing.

3 Likes