[WIP #5] – Offer a Rage Quit Option to wMEMO holders

People that wants to stay are not affected by people leaving, their share is intact. Actually as it is right now the share of who stays increases because BSGG is excluded.
BSGG should not be excluded. There are 3 options:

1. Include it in the calculation but keep it for whoever stays
  2. Give each quitter their share of MIM + BSGG
  3. BSGG buys it back OTC if they don’t want people to dump it

Would it not make more sense to decide about what is the next phase of WL before this? How do you choose sensibly between rage quit and what happens after if you don’t yet know what happens after?

11 Likes

Against having a rage quit. If one wanted to leave already they would have…simple. I fear people will abuse this somehow. Seems like there isn’t a cool down period whereas people will buy back in right after rage quitting.

9 Likes

My interpretation of the following is users would be able to see how much they are going to get per wMEMO before accepting the Rage Quit…

“The UI of the rage quit contract will show each whitelisted wMEMO address the capital that can be claimed for their wMEMO, respecting the 5%-10% variance from the original backing price. Each participant will be able to redeem their wMEMO against the calculated backing price in MIM tokens.”

Will the users be able to select an amount they want to rage quit with? Or is it all or nothing? I think being able to select the amount you want to exit with would be good. Personally I want to stay but may have overextended myself financially buying the dips on the way down since November and want to get things back to a responsible level. I’m probably not alone in this. Thoughts?

3 Likes

If they sell, then they are out as well and took none of the treasury with them, hence still a startover but without our treasury.

3 Likes

I disagree, there’s no way that this snapshot makes sense.
Rage quit is for hodlers, not for whales who want to manipulate/arb the treasury at the expense of small frogs.
F*ck whales and suits

8 Likes

I dont disagree 100% with you. However, we have alot of liquidated Wmemo that will be burned to restore price stability within a desired range.

I think ragequitters are mostly made up of those that bought anticipating the end and tried to liquidate the treasury and failed. Those that sold the bottom or got liquidated are not benefitting whatsoever from ragequitting because they are already gone.

6 Likes

Yeah this is a hard no as most people have already stated why. Thanks for trying though.

3 Likes

It’s a no brainer to vote YES.
People who want to vote NO, don’t understand what this proposal means and are only selfish.
Let the people free to go out, vote YES!

5 Likes

YES is the way.
Vote YES if you want Wonderland to succeed without toxic people. Let them go out and remove their wMemo from circulation.

9 Likes

100%

Most weak hands are out already. Frog nation hodlers have voted and want to make something out of this dao.

Remaining are professional thieves who want to capitalize on the misery. I will vote hell no to rage quit option.

THERE ARE NO REFUNDS on stock which is down so wtf would we even entertain offering this option?

13 Likes

I don’t think any whale or people that want quick money is still in the project now. This took literally weeks to come and there was too much uncertainty around it. Also, nobody knows the backing price before hands. So whenever the snapshot is posted, nobody would be able to arb much, price is already 27k, if backing is 35k, there is only 6-7M MIM to arb… not much really.
I have been obversing sells on dexscreener, it’s mostly SMALL fish, SMALL sells, not whales.

If you vote NO - price will never go up to backing btw, too many stuck people and liquidity is too thin.
Vote YES and let them out, then the DAO can go on

2 Likes

You are more than welcome to leave. Just sell.

(This is not specifically targeted at you, but more of anyone who wants out)

9 Likes

They can be salty all they want, don’t bother me none.

You will not walk away with our liquidity tho.

If the snapshot is prior to sifugate, i can see some merit in the notion. like this, only benefit will be gained by treasury raiders/whales. so noooo, we dont offer refunds

12 Likes

yup, preach brother, preach

3 Likes

Yes this seems way better!!

1 Like

I disagree. Price is determined by value. Right now the only value is in the treasury. Transfer value to the token via revenue share and project integration and price will go up.

What is the value of a smart phone? Its just a phone right? Ok now add applications, payment mechanisms, fast internet, social media, camera, gps and now your phone that cost $250 dollars to make is now $1300 value proposition and the public will pay it (credit and leasing opportunities increase price as well- thats called money access)

Its a value proposition.

3 Likes

16 Likes

Yeah this is what happened last time, maybe they learn their lesson

2 Likes

What rage quite actually give us?