[WIP #5] – Offer a Rage Quit Option to wMEMO holders

Since WIP #5 was published, smart money arbing the spread is pouring into wMEMO, resulting in upward price action. These aren’t whales, well, except for Omar. These are retail speculators looking to score an easy 25% profit. If you think the buying pressure is because new investor’s see a bright future in Wonderland, not sure what you’re smoking.

There is no roadmap for Wonderland. No communication. No official tweets. They took down all real time info on the website. Total radio silence. With WIP #5 being the only real event to speak of, all Wonderland becomes is a fat bloated carcass to scavenge.

Each mini-dump in the midst of this buying pressure are Rage Quitters throwing in the towel and selling. The settlement in price at $28K is the equilibrium between arbs piling in and RQers bailing (AHEAD OF A VOTE).

Each Rage Quitter selling is being replaced by someone who bought wMEMO for this first time just to arb the spread. To some, it may boggle the mind that they’ll be eligible to cast a YES vote and be whitelisted at backing. Their incentive to cast a vote YES at least as strong as yours is to vote NO. The point is that this is becoming less of a Rage Quit vote and more a GIMME MY FREE $$$ vote.

The thesis here is that giving away upwards of a 40% of the treasury to arbs is a tradeoff worth making in order to purge the disgruntled from the ranks, and that even though the Treasury is smaller, it’s big enough and remaining stakers win because they get a proportionally bigger share of the remaining profit (i.e. BSGG).

Rage quit IMO solves nothing because it won’t magically turn sentiment from disillusionment to hope. The only thing that will do that is bringing in a new team and BEING PROFESSIONAL and delivering.

4 Likes

Yes they are absolutely arbing but here is the fine details. This will help us if RQ passes. They sell and take a portion of the treasury, thats fine because when they exit your portion of the remaining treasury is not only bigger but also if those arbs try to buy back in they are literally being taxed for doing so because they are buying illiquid levels.

That is the benefit for those that remain, new buyers can only buy from them on their terms. The RQers are not going to wait until after the RQ vote and dump when market conditions restore because they would do so at a loss which puts them in the situation they are in right now. They need to exit the situation by taking advantage of liquid opportunity (rage quit)

So you will have no sellers anywhere near rage quit price ‘unless they dont like money’. New ask could be buy back or slightly higher then rage quit but be assured the rage quit price will be the near term floor for wonderland.

Now only demand will get the price off the floor so the team needs to get to work post rage quit on a direction. A few positive announcements on direction should reinject demand, and execution of that said direction will make demand hyperbolic.

2 Likes

Go back to some of my earlier messages. I did not support RQ. But then i was introduced to some data and i did further digging and then i absolutely supported rage quit because it made absolute sense.

3 Likes

fud spreading is also a technique to enter cheap into a project.
those who are already in but want to leave have no interest in tanking the prices

Counterproposal

Scope:

Wonderland aims to become a Venture Capital enterprise in the crypto space. To reach this goal it is essential to have a strong treasury, a capable and competent, through the DAO chosen team and a sober community that participates in the DAO´s democratic system.

This project has set its corporate identity on giving wealth to the common frogs, ignoring the ignorant and selfish centralized views of “suits and whales”. It has therefore never been about the ones with the biggest bag but about the “little degen” investors, that were brave enough to participate in a self sustaining ponzi, elevating it by their contribution to a serious, economically powerful enterprise.

Objective:

With our powerful treasury and loyal community, which has proven that it can stand up against bad actors, we have everything, we need to continue evolving, by following the roadmap, prior proposed by fellow community member “Wicked”
Wonderland Fundamentals. Wonderland is a decentralized… | by Wicked | The Defi Wonderland | Jan, 2022 | Medium.

This is what we should prioritize, as many community members showed they support it and wanna see Wonderland go this direction to restore its name among the DeFi space after it´s recent core founders doxxing event.

Furthermore, we have the proposal by “Wonderland 2.0” pseudonyme community members, that offered a detailed and very well thought through strategy to bring equality to Wonderlands participants and empower the projects´ core values.
Wonderland 2.0. A strategized move forward | by Wonderland 2.0 | Jan, 2022 | Medium.

To utilize the NFT part of the above mentioned road map, there can be a strategic join of the following proposal: PROPOSAL- Upgrades and Changes to "The Professor´s" proposal. WONDERLAND MINI GAME

The idea of allowing individuals to quit the project by being provided the core communities liquidity- the treasury- will be scraped. The “Rage Quit” event is a similar, second attempt to dissolve Wonderland, to favor big bag holders and arbitrageurs, that don´t care about the projects future but their own bag. They were those, that were already excluded by the previous vote to keep Wonderland, so it´s a case of their own responsibility, whether they wanna use DEX liquidity to move on, or stay and redeem.

Precondition:

The proposal creators that were mentioned above, come together and discuss a way of combining their ideas into a whole, working concept.
A time window of two months should help them create a working product, that can be either slightly polished and made public for being voted on or being directly made public to be pushed to a snapshot. vote

Vote Options:

1. Implement proposal as a whole

2. Implement proposal without the NFT module

3. Don´t implement the proposal

1 Like

it doesnt matter… it will increase price and never have sell pressure… its a win win… then those who stay will stay and we moon

1 Like

Yeah I’m a big no…and since I have to use 20 characters…again I say…no

1 Like

your 1st decision i think is to decide if you want to stay or go. if you want to go, rage quit is probably the best option for you financially speaking… you would vote yes in that case. if it passes, than take you value and go. if you want to stay, you may want to say yes or no. sifu feels rage quit is good for wonderland and the community, after which time it will carry on. so if you want to take his advice (he is no longer a part of wonderland but gave the discord his opinion on it a few days ago).

2 Likes

First vote yes and than to whitelist no, that’s the way

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I don’t buy this. The community already voted against returning funds so why is this proposal coming up again? I understand that a lot of people have lost a lot of money, including myself down 75%, but the way forward is to increase the treasure by actively investing and generating returns. Anyone that wants to rage quit has the option to do so every single second by selling their position. I WILL BE VOTING NO!!

8 Likes

Strongly in favor this proposal. We need to clean up the house here and build fresh. There was a commitment to maintain the backing and this will achieve it fairly.

3 Likes

because they have the open market to let them out at anytime. rage quite should be about the people who got burnt when buybacks were supposed to be happening but where not. lots of promises were made and those were broken, which is the only reason we are here in the first place.

now your turn: should people who bought after the announcement to vote for winddown be allowed to exit?

1 Like

lets be real here: treasury should buy back those who got burnt on sifu’s buyback system. the buy back liquidity dried up, danni got liquidated for 10+million and lots of people got reket.

danni and sifu have both publicly stated they will cover those who were liquidated out of their own character. take them off the table.

the treasury should only be covering those who had to deleverage/hold between the moment buybacks failed and PRIOR to the announcement for winddown vote. otherwise this is just circumventing the outcome of the NO winddown vote!

exit at market otherwise and while your at it hold the tokens for a while.

1 Like

The longer this WIP lingers, the more I see the people overselling hard to get people to say yes.

Injecting hopium “people will buy and moon the price”. Who TF will buy WMEMO during rage quit?

Keep selling us the idea “it’s ok guys whales can go and arbitrage this event and makes tonnes of money”, while we sit and wait and still be 90-95% down. Why is it ok again that the whales the ones to always be the ones making tonnes of money?

Can we not just move from this “winding down/quitting/dissolving” idea and do something a lot more positive like restructuring and executing the strategies to continue to make money?

If you guys really think buy back must be done, then do buy back and let people leave at market price then. This overselling of “we must let people quit” is getting stupidly ridiculous. However, remember that we dont have anti-bot and anti-whale mechanism so buy backs will still be killing our treasury.

6 Likes

No. I’ll be voting no as well.

1 Like

Crippled treasury? This wont cripple a 700 million dollar treasury. Since when is even just 10% of that a small amount of money?

Fully agree here. This should be part of it.

Agree. Its hard to decide on Rage quit, if there is no clear plan for what happens with treasury afterwards? There should also be a projection of what the rewards will be if people stay in wonderland? If the backing price turns out to be more then the market price then I think most people will rage quit? Let’s see.

1 Like

This is just another attack on the treasury. What about people who bought at the peak price and are still holding. Shouldn’t longterm holders get more from treasury then those who bought the dip or bought very late?

Why are we always trying to quit! There is 700 million in the treasury and we can’t put it to good use and make it profitable for every one? A serious lack of leadership.

7 Likes

I think this is the most correct proposal and simple.
Who wants to leave, let him vote - yes. Who wants to stay - No.
Why these difficulties?