[WIP #5] – Offer a Rage Quit Option to wMEMO holders

I don’t know if I can convince you, but I can tell you some of the positives that I’ve seen thrown around.

1. People rage quitting are leaving behind a piece of their pie (illiquid tokens), which will mean higher backing for those who remains.
  2. The tokens of the rage quitters will be taken out of circulation. This means it takes less returns to increase backing since less tokens need to be backed.
  3. In theory, those that don’t want anything to do with this project anymore would be taking the rage quit option. This means, in theory, those remaining are the ones who still believe in the project and want to move forward.
  4. Potential tax on the rage quitters based on the 5-10% clause in the WIP and Dani’s messages in Discord. This would reduce the assets being removed from the treasury. This would also increase the backing price.
  5. In theory, sell pressure should be reduced since the “paper hands” and those that want to sell used the RQ and the remaining hodlers are hopefully here for the long term. This means the price should potentially be more stable if left people are selling.
  6. That one is a controversial one, but not putting a restriction on who can rage quit allows people to arbitrage by buying under the backing price and take the RQ option. This, as we’ve seen in the recent days, has the effect of pumping the price closer to backing.
  7. Another controversial one is that a smaller treasury is easier to manage, meaning we can better maximize the treasury.
3 Likes

If those tokens will be burned I agree that would be beneficial to us.
Time will tell.Thank you very much indeed for your explanation. I deeply appreciate it

3 Likes

I’m afraid that Sifu is organising a pumping dumping scheme
Burning of rage quit tokens would be an ideal solution and probably stop trading on sushi for time and wmemo

1 Like

Once this RAGEQUIT is over, there needs to be a full overhaul of the voting procedures.

May I suggest:
1 vote = 0.1 to 10 MEMO
2 votes = 10.1 to 100 MEMO
3 votes 100.1 to 1000 MEMO
4 votes 1000.1 to 10000 MEMO
5 votes 10000.1 to 1000000 MEMO
6 votes 1000000.1 and above
This could make future voting a lot fairer.

Also, would it be possible to remove the backing price, the bait for the attack on the treasury?

3 Likes

what a shyte offer, to enable anyone to ragequit, you have to have voted YES, now, that is why most of the vote are for yes, just to give people a option…criminals

QUOTE “The Rage Quit Whitelist snapshot vote will last 4 days. wMEMO holders who wish to exit with their wMEMO tokens and receive their part of the treasury will need to vote YES on this snapshot.
By voting YES, your address will be added to the whitelist.”

Dude, I voted and did the thing I said. Connect wallet, ensure wallet network switched to avalanche because my wmemo is in avalanche. I voted in all snapshot votes.

You cannot be the only smart people in the world man so stop thinking that way, it will stunt your growth.

Lol now the question is how many would actually get out?
Now wmemo price is tanking with all Ukraine shit show and Putin thingy all the market is a blood bath.
My prediction is
95% nothing will happen neither no one really will pull out not even Sifu.
All this shit show of voting is actually made that nothing happens anyway.
I get used now :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Seems like it’s enticing people to unwind the treasury. Makes it seem like the ones don’t want to participate in the Rage Quit will be left holding the bags. Rage Quit is instant after all. Months lasting divorce-like separation is not Rage Quit.

Can you guys see the results of the vote so far? I keep getting this error:

I can’t even cast a vote because of that error.

Me too. Tried multiple times yesterday and today.

that error is not always there, keep trying

Got it to work. Not looking good.

Yeah, like someone said its not always there. It’s an issue on Snapshot, their support has been advised, but looks like it still happens.

Is there a calculator to estimate the amount people can receive after the Rage Quit?

This is a dumb outlook. You’re mad at people that are business minded.

If you are holding, then people doing that exact thing would pump your price…

Again, lacking a business mindset.

I see it passed. Can I rage quit even if I still haven’t wrapped my memo? I’ve held since Oct / Nov.

Should still be able to wrap your memo. And there’s no snapshot date to be eligible for redeeming. I think you could have bought right up until the vote was done and still redeem.

Does voting yes for the whitelist require one to redeem? Or can i just do it and decide later?
I voted no for RQ, but now that it’s happening I want to watch and decide last min.

My understanding is that you can vote yes and don’t redeem.

1 Like