[DAO Discussion] Avalanche Liquid Staking Proposal šŸ”ŗ

Is it possible to provide some more info on specific projects worked on by the team? Otherwise, your business proposition gets my vote.

1 Like

You say itā€™s too much, but donā€™t actually back it up with ANYTHING. So provide something. Whatever you think is relevant.

I need the Data first to make a business argument.

Itā€™s your claim. You should be able to back it up.

Too much money to give to an unknown team. No Thank You

1 Like

Full support your descrition.

Naming projects could risk doxing them. Most likely why they didnt say any since they want to remain anon.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying to peopleā€™s concerns.

Ultimately, if the break clause is fair, I donā€™t have an issue with the 4 year term. We either succeed together or fail together.

2 Likes

This proposal is the ideal case for ā€œTake it behind the barn and shoot itā€ā€¦nobody needs to knowā€¦
The proposal is to use wonderland treasury to buy 5% of AVAX (1.25 BILLION DOLLARS WORTH) and stake it for a grand return of 9.8% annually (125 million)ā€¦of the 125 million revenue 112.5 million will be given to the STAKERS IN WONDERLAND (bascially the shareholders of wonderlandā€¦) and the remaining 12.5 million will be given to the operation team of wonderlandā€¦LIDO (the team) will take 25% of the 12.5 mil that the wonderland operations team earnā€¦3.125 mil for LIDO and 9.375 mil for the dev team of wonderland

To start with this whole process the team (LIDO) is asing for a 6 mil as retainer allowance (one time)

And with the grand 112.5 mil that we receive as the ANNUAL RETURN, we stakers hope to 10x our investment.

PS: Correct me if my understanding wrong.

Almost. We arent buying any AVAX. Only the platform. Frogs using the platform is what they refer to when saying capturing a % of the market. So we are only investing 6M to deploy on AVAX and FTM.

Also LIDO is another team on other chains. Very succesful with something like this. This team is not Lido.

Stakers get 90%
Wonderland 7.5%
Team 2.5%

4 Likes

Not unknown. Doxxed to leadership.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this and clarifying, it helps a lot.

As I shared yesterday in our Discord, I believe this project is a must-do and I think both Wonderland and you benefit from it. I understand Dani / Sifu have pre-agreed to the financial conditions, so ultimately I trust their decision.

Final ask from my side. When this moves to RFC, would you be open to also adding:

• A clearer timeline with key milestones?
  • Some sort of service level agreement for post-launch?

Looking forward to the collaboration! LFG!

1 Like

Would just like to add that weā€™re talking about $6 million here. Less than 1% of our Treasury which we can make back very quickly.

The likelihood of failure (not capturing enough market share) I think is low, and the impact if we donā€™t is also low ($6 million, 0.7% of Treasury).

The upside is incredibly high. No brainer.

6 Likes
  1. How much is the investment to be done by the WONDERLAND TREASURY? is it one time or staggered over a period? What would be the duration of this investment? can this investment be exited anytime?

2. What could be the potential annulized return?

3. Factors that may impact the potential annualized return.

4. Just for information, 62% AVAX is already staked. Is it (the aim of)/(good for) the crypto blockchain to be MAX staked?

1 Like

@MMD
This is all answered on the original post.

1. 6 million investment
  2. 12.5 million revenue based on 5% market share
  3. Return based on market share
  4. As AVAX grows, staked amount grows. You have to be bullish AVAX.

This might have been addressed in the above 162 comments and if so I apologize for missing it.

I would not vote for any 3rd party to develop any solution for #frognation if its not doxed. Unless Danni knows your home address and your under some legal binding contract any upfront funding is an absolute no from me (0 dollars). Furthermore, it would have to be insured to convince me to vote for it. Also, any break clause is meaningless if VC comes through and buys up enough $TIME as we do not do proof of humanity (1 holder 1 vote).

I would rather see @Sifu with the added work of selecting validators and periodically distributing rewards back to the treasury then new smart contracts on an unproven code base given intra-avax chain limitations. Given the huge community involvement we could ask randoā€™s to start researching validators to delegate to.

1 Like

I heard someone describe wonderland as the first DeFi VC, so this sounds like the beginning. Instead of money only, technical ability is also being provided.

Reminds me of the launchpad proposal, which I am here for, I am ready to build some things on top of the financial system you have created.

For this proposal, the more diverse and spread out we become, the more awareness this system gets, the more established we will be. Just make sure wonderland isnā€™t so open to opportunity that it goes off mission. Keep that mission centric focus, which I think this has!

2 Likes

Didnā€™t the wonderland treasury sell AVAX to avoid exposure to AVAX price changes ? Also i donā€™t think that outsourcing considerable profits to another team is the best way to monetize the treasury.

What will happen if AVAX decides to lower the Staking limit for validators from 2000 to letā€™s say 10 avax? I assume, the liquid staking project would be not needed anymore, such low amount makes a middleman obsolete. Does the team have any arguments, why this could not happen in the near future or how future-proof are projects like LDO and your project?

2 Likes

We would only be providing a platform for people who want to stake AVAX and provide them with a token in return while taking a management cut.

@steven87vt
The Wonderland team is already overworked. Sifu already has a full time job.
Anon teams are the future of DeFi. We would have to hire staff either way, this team already has a product that is closed to be completed. We would not be able to compete fast enough.

4 Likes