[DAO Discussion] Concerning Operations Of Dao Affairs - Inclusive Considerations

Dao Proposal: Just keep Swimming

[CMP #X] - YOUR TITLE HERE

Objective:

The goal of this proposal is to adjust the position and focus of Dao activities to better align with the present situation moving forward. We need to focus on profitability and bring into question the new options this operating environment brings.

Provide a High Level Overview:

I think there is conflict in the Dao, that will pass as it usually does. I think addressing problems has become harder due to the lack of clarity in the questions asked that could be seen as not worth answering or frowned upon due to their tone, implication, or lack of accuracy. I think that will pass too. But I think we should do more in regards to education towards not only what Volta and its ecosystem is, but what other competitors are doing in the space, we can focus the conversations in the community this way. This paragraph scopes in the existing situation and proposes what we can do as a Dao to fix the problems that exist.

I think it is important to focus not only the team in the right direction, but also the community, and both need to be given intentional direction to go. Otherwise, accountability becomes an important yet unasserted issue. As the Dao exists on chain and through its ability to successfully communicate, its version of organized chaos is meant to be turned into order, otherwise there is no purpose at all.

For treasury concerns have been raised repeatedly, most of the time the community if it so chose could do the research itself to find the answers they ask. So I suggest a method of implementing a win-win solution to this problem as ignorance is not an issue that will either solve itself or fade away naturally. We could place low stakes bounties for concerns that raise enough of a emphasis throughout the Dao over time, for the problem solvers to solve. The bounties would be made to do many things, but ultimately to provide clarity to a potential existing issue and help reach definitive conclusion towards it. This could be implemented very loosely to test its worth, could be combined with polls to gain consensus, among other things to help measure the state of affairs and take action towards it.

This takes the idea of education a bit further, as it is not necessarily anybody’s job to explicitly educate or provide information in depth towards a topic, it should be a promoted idea that knowledge is not only expected but encouraged, and this can be done through creative methods of education in a self-serving manner.

Provide Low Level Details:

The idea of this section is to align the focus of the Dao with an ideal – that is able to be changed and altered as it lives. So I put forward a structure to accomplish this by. Perhaps it can be thought of a mission statement that is also a blueprint of guidance.

Existence and Survival/Structure/Defi’s Purpose

Existence and Survival: Includes all aspects of the Dao, and its ability to come together to work for the benefit of itself. This includes economic, social, and technological dynamics that are meant to be utilized together in a harmonious way to achieve a unified purpose.

Structure: This includes the building and knowledgeable contribution towards the existing defi ecosystem. We exist in cyberspace, an ever-evolving ground. As we exist within it, we contribute towards it for the purpose of preservation in a competitive environment.

Defi’s Purpose: Decentralized Finance is a critical topic of development that aligns the majority of people in the room, aligning interests towards its intentions and purpose will help distinguish the community in important ways.

Business and/or technical requirements of the implementation of the proposal:

Committing to these two implementations requires a vote to be passed, if passed, the vote would put into action a formal discussion as to how to best accomplish the ideas laid out in this post.

Lots of fancy words but I don’t quite grasp a clear understanding of what the main points are besides something about a bounty for education… something.

I think a key consideration when determining how this project evolves would have to be that a majority of holders choose not to be actively involved, evidenced by voting participation, and the occasional “i’ve been away, what’s happening?” posts on Discord.

My gut feel is that a lot of people have a i’ll-just-hold-it-until-i-breakeven mindset when it comes to this project, essentially just leaving it in the hands of the people managing it. What this means for a DAO or whether this antithesis to the original hopes and dreams of a DAO is beneficial in any way, remains to be seen I feel. Personally, i think the original intentions for DAOs are overly idealistic. Just like (3,3).

Do you not wish to make the dao something more than what it is reflected by its past?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.