[DAO Discussion] Invest in JennyCo

[DAO Discussion] Invest in JennyCo NFT/Private Placement

Objective:

To determine if there is interest to invest in JennyCo, an early stage web3 healthcare exchange.

Community Interest:

• I would like to see a formal proposal
  • I am not interested in seeing more

0 voters

High Level Details:

Links:

NFT Minting site: http://jennyco.io

Whitepaper: https://jennyco.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/JennyCoWhite-V18-9.28.2022.pdf

Provide a High Level Overview:

JennyCo is a company that aims to put the consumer in charge of their healthcare data using Web 3.0 technology. Get PAID for your own healthcare data. The company plans to use blockchain technology to enable consumers to share and access data and insights, with the goal of improving health outcomes, increasing personalization, and lowering costs. By utilizing a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), JennyCo aims to give users “digital agency” by allowing them to own their data and manage access to it, while earning compensation for such access. Currently health data is being bought and sold and the patient receives none of the financial benefit. In Q3 2023 the company plans to launch its Xchange, a global blockchain DataDAO with a utility token and digital marketplace for data buying and selling transactions.•

Why JennyCo?

• Professional team lead by Dr Michael Nova: who has over 32 issued, and 40 more filed, patents. Some in Machine Learning/AI, Peer-to Peer Wireless Networking, Cannabis, Data Science, Blockchain, and Healthcare
  • JennyCo is in the process of acquiring commercial rights and lab services for a broad portfolio of IP and tools to go to market with their testing solutions. Sequencing.com is the first partnership announced.
  • The company has already made deals with major universities to help capture their initial user base.
  • JennyCo has its own USPTO patent application covering a Healthcare Data Exchange and DataDAO.
  • MVP (Minimum Viable Product) App will be ready for beta testing in the next 6 weeks and launch in about 3 months.*

Provide Low Level Details:

• Mint the remainder Genesis NFT’s and provide up to 400k additional funding. (total of 500k)

• Each NFT is currently .15 ETH (about $200) and there are approximately 500 remaining. It includes 5000 JCO tokens, cex listing in Q1 of 2023 will be at .20/ JCO.

• Genesis NFT’s offer a better cost per token and vesting than even the seed round, and include a DNA test from sequencing.com. Seed round price is .06 and first unlock is 6 months after TGE. Tokens are vested quarterly over 1 year. See vesting schedule in wp for complete token details.

• Even if the price falls 50% from CEX listing, ROI on NFT’s over a year will be 2.5x. If JCO remains stable then it’s a 5x ROI in one year.

• Remainder 400k would be allocated to JCO tokens between seed and private 1 vesting.

• Tokens can be staked in datapools for additional quarterly yield. Anticipated APY is 20% with the genesis NFT.

Time is of the essence, as the Genesis NFT’s will likely not be available for long. Take a look at JennyCo and dive into the community a little bit. If there is sufficient interest to proceed, an AMA with one of the founders can be arranged for the Wonderland community to get all questions answered.

Since a DAO Discussion is meant to introduce a proposal, not all information may be available at this stage. The discussion should be used to measure the community’s interest in what is being proposed. If the minimum requirements are met, it can be submitted as a Request for Comments.

9 Likes

I think this could use a wider discussion, as it seems quite complex, but nobody wants to comment. 🥲

1 Like

This is a really interesting proposal. Reading through the JennyCo white paper, it highlights a lot of potential to capture value in the data mining sector. I strongly believe this concept can extend far beyond healthcare and into consumer goods, which I see they’re already well aware of. I love the idea of owning and monetizing our data and this appears to be a very plausible approach to tackling that challenge.

The examples they provide for how users can generate value from their data by staking JCO tokens associated with individual data points about themselves is quite ingenious.

“Company X wants to lease data from 1000 post-menopausal (1) females living in Kansas (2), who have uploaded bio markers (3) and DNA data (4) - that’s four markers - and will pay 25 JCO tokens per data marker. Users matching that can participate by staking the 4 JCO tokens for the duration of the lease, say 3 months. At the end of the 3 months, those that participated can unlock 104 JCO tokens.”

Simple and Efficient. That “lease” part is important to note too, because if company X wants to run another study, they can’t just keep your data, they have to pay you again. Enough about what I like though.

My initial questions revolve around the dynamics of the investment - particularly the NFTs. While they are transferable, some of the benefits (like the DNA test) are hard for me to wrap my head around, like how we would utilize or transfer the test to the next owner. I can’t imagine WL would actually want them or have an equitable way to distribute them if we did want to keep them. What were your thoughts on this? And is there additional info about the transferable nature of the test kits that I might’ve missed?

As far as I can tell, we’re aiming to capture the JCO tokens that come with the NFTs, vested in tranches over 12 months. Would we need to hold those NFTs for 12 months to capture the full stream?

Personally, I’m most interested in the JCO tokens themselves for the DAO. There does seem to be a decent potential for this setup and I’m excited to see where it goes.

(Edited: revised example)

5 Likes

Seems like there’s enough interest to proceed to more detailed steps. Trying to get some specifics from the founding team.

2 Likes

Looking at their telegram about the transferring the test. Here is the answer:

Dr. DAG, [Dec 18, 2022 at 7:12:30 AM]:
It cannot be redeemed in the future if it has been transferred - this was built into the smart contract to ensure that only one DNA Test can be redeemed per NFT.

AbuNuh, [Dec 18, 2022 at 11:50:12 AM]:
Yeah this is what I mean - if the minter doesn’t redeem it (DNA test) and then transfers the NFT to another person - can the new owner redeem it?

Dr. DAG, [Dec 18, 2022 at 11:50:59 AM]:
They cannot - it may only be redeemed via the ETH address that it was minted from :+1:t3:

So if Wonderland purchases the NFT’s and transfers them to another user then the DNA test would not be able to be redeemed. Perhaps the NFT’s could be burned/locked and treated as if it were just a seed token investment.

The tokens would give the DAO very nice potential.

2 Likes

The 5000 JCO tokens with each NFT still seems like a decent deal, even when scrapping the test kit value. I’m not sure we need it though, maybe suggest two options; one with just getting tokens and the other being tokens and NFTs.

I have another question but this one is about staking in Datapools. In the white paper, under datapools, it mentions that staked JCO tokens need to be associated with individual variables; how would it work for the DAO to stake the JCO tokens in a datapool without providing any data? From my understanding, I can stake 40 JCO tokens into a datapool, as long as I have 40 variables uploaded and available to the datapool. Are there staking pools for circulation management or liquidity providers?

Datapools are still being developed. There will be a pool for token holders only (no data sharing required) However most pools will be related to sharing your de-identified data, and there will be a min/max threshold eventually set by marketplace, but initially Jennyco will set the parameters and may bootstrap a few pools as necessary.

Personally I like projects where crypto has a real world use case. Would like to know more.

2 Likes

Sounds like a really interesting project, would love to see a formal proposal on this :green_heart:

1 Like

I personally think that JennyCo can revolutionize the healthcare industry and become a big player. I like the idea that JennyCo is based on.

1 Like

I bought one data and the new oil :eyes:

1 Like

Once we get the required number of views then we will proceed to a formal proposal, and ask for an AMA with the co-founders to answer any questions that come up.

1 Like

Is there anything specific you would like to know?

Thanks for checking. At this moment I have enough information. I also did check out their website and also looked up their team. It is a new concept and it may find takers and the project could be a success. However I have seen too many failures but I am always trying to follow projects that have a real world use case for crypto since I feel that is where the future of crypto lies. Let us see how the proposal moves forward.

Topic has been approved for RFC
https://dao.wonderland.money/t/rfc-invest-in-jennyco/20165