[DAO Discussion] Multisig Additions to Improve Efficiency

Wonderland DAO is improving the treasury Multisig execution efficiency. New members are a former Treasury Manager and signer, a publicly doxxed industry professional, and an internally doxxed independent third party. All members are using secure hardware wallets and are aware of their responsibilities.

Proposed additions:

1. SkyHopper (previous TM and signer)
  2. Dafacto (as neutral signer, Head of Product at Aurora, long time community member)
  3. one trusted member to be added later by the multisig members. Will be internally doxxed and neutral.

The multisig will require majority vote. This means the majority have to sign together, protecting against potential bad actors or mistakes. Absolute trust of any given individual is not required.

Current signers remain:
Nal X
Dani
Yaksha
Georgiy
Vitalik

If passed the new signers will be added to all chains where Wonderland uses multisigs. Addresses will be included if/when this makes it to WIP

17 Likes

The multisig has been a sore point as of late, this is quite needed. It will be good as well to add these trusted signers, defacto is a long standing member (time cop), and sky our former TM has had a lot of positive contribution to wonderland as a whole.

9 Likes

100% support, make multisig grape again :heart:

7 Likes

Not only is this something very much needed that has been discussed internally for quite a while, but your candidates are also excellent choices for neutral signers.

My name is The Ferengi and I approve this message.

6 Likes

100% support, a fully welcome addition.

5 Likes

They will surely be great addition to the current msig to ship tx swiftly and frictionless, fully support this proposal ser!

3 Likes

Long overdue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

Fully support, this proposal is like a dream come true in terms of moving WL forward.

6 Likes

Haven’t got a clue what ya’ll on about but i approve :partying_face:

5 Likes

I just hope that if one or more are unhappy and no longer want to sign that you have a way to solve that puzzle. Noob in general but with multisig but assume not an easy thing to remove people so more is less, less is more as long as its secure noob is happy lol

4 Likes

Yes finally! We so need this. Multisig has been majorly inefficient for the longest time and these additions are good candidates.

No more late Farm refills! It’s embarrasing.

100% support.

8 Likes

We also need to have an operational upgrade to how the multisig procedures function. Like if your tenure is done (like in the case of a TM), if you resign any position at WL while being on the multisig, or get voted out of the cool kids club, you have to immediately be removed by other members of the multisig at the earliest possible moment.

5 Likes

Different, upcoming proposal, that generally defines the process. This one is specifically for adding these people and make the multi sig more efficient.

5 Likes

This would assume initially that there are:

8 Signers who can initiate and sign transactions. Assuming Majority vote, this would require 5 votes (assuming 1, 2, and 3 are added).

Some notes on how the voters “stack up”:

Founding Team (3)
Mods (2)
Ex TM (1)
Community Member Known (1)
Trusted member (1)

This does allow for a diversified signing group as far as I can see. Hopefully, this can also improve efficiency.

Nonetheless, I do support this (irrespective that I would be a signer - but that there is someone who can sign and is so far, trusted).

6 Likes

So to clarify majority mentioned will it be a 4/7 multisig ?

3 Likes

It will remain a majority. If there are 5 people like now, 3/5. Adding people will change the meaning of majority.

3 Likes

Are you not counting the last trusted member, or are you counting on currenting signer out?

3 Likes

Spot on - feels like we are moving forward !

4 Likes

Lets talk elephant in room.

Removing multi-sig. Dani never signs much. Only fishing and party with afrojack.
Hopper tell me Georgiy and Vitalik helpful during time there, especially Pangolin.

Dani can sign using Georgiy anyway.

No confidence on this “builder”. Period. Lets talk real talk.

3 Likes

I like this idea. Sounds great.

4 Likes