[DAO Discussion] Proposal to burn $wMemo tokens

This 100%. This is the right mentality. Let them do their thing and we will all benefit long term. I dont like this short term idea at all. Sifu needs the treasury to remain fully available for investments and to increase treasury. This proposal is bogus and so short sighted. Really disappointed.

1 Like

Take a longer term view. We should not sit here and use a significant amount of our treasury to burn tokens. We need the treasury to remain large and at a healthy scale to compete with other VC funds for opportunities. This is madness and its a complete waste of money. Let them use treasury to grow rather than for this short sighted and defensive proposal.

1 Like

Can people please stop posting stupid short term nonsense ideas that are going to have permanent and detrimental effects on our treasury. We voted sifu to manage our treasury. Now let him get on with it and manage it. These distractions are very unnecessary and turn his attention away from what he should be doing (10xā€™ing our damn treasury). Him, Daniele and the team arnt stupid and wernt born yesterday. They know what theyre doing. Let them take this. The price has done what its done and thats sad to see. This is the market we are in and these are volatile market conditions. Let them manage this as we voted them to. You cant knee jerk reaction to things every time theres a bit of volatility. Stop cannibalising this. We have a huge opportunity to let them use this for good. We gotta stop trying to edit it. Let them do their thing.

2 Likes

Danielle actually posted this specific proposal so we can discuss it and vote. We are trusting Danielleā€™s judgement by discussing this topic.

Instead of burning, why donā€™t we just stop rebasing?

Or do both?

I think keeping some of the coins in the treasury can be used later to be sold in order to raise funds.

But I see no point of rebasing if we arenā€™t minting. I think rebasing attracts the wrong kind of investor. Someone who thinks theyā€™ll get a lambo in 3 months off a $100 investment because of the APY.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t say anywhere in the proposal that its his proposal and/or he recommends it. If he did recommend it and he thinks its good for the long term vision then i would take a lot more comfort, but i havnet seen any of this anywhere. A twitter post from him directing us to read and discuss it doesnt mean its his proposal and that he recommends it. All we should want is for our money to be managed in order to create financial freedom (yes that 100x). Unless dani/sifu/the team propose and recommend something treasury related we should let them run and control the treasury AS WE VOTED FOR just a few weeks back!

1 Like

After giving a little more thought, i donā€™t think we should burn. What does this solve.

1. TBH there is no dilution if we stick to Wmemo and forget about the rebases in TIME.
  2. The tokens are in Treasury and not in circulation hence not affecting the demand & supply
  3. As the market conditions improve, we can sell these tokens and convert to stables for degen trading or investments
2 Likes

You are wrong. Do you have any clue how big and how much money is coming in the form of competitor VC funds into our space? To properly compete we will need the largest warchest we can manage to build. This proposal is like cutting off one of your arms, right when yourā€™e going to need it. Instead, why would you not sit down and take a longer term view so they can take advantage of opportunities that are undoubtedly going to present themselves in this very volatile time? Deploying dollars buying the dip etc is a much smarter approach as it will be much more accretive longer term for our fund. Shrinking it in any way will strip Sifuā€™s ability to use it for opportunities where you need scale (e.g. LPā€™ing and helping the broader Dani ecosystem which this is part of and integral to). PLEASE think more long term and strategically. Every dollar counts in this market, and we should be preferring to be 10xā€™ing our money rather than being short term about it and going for once off sugar hits.

2 Likes

Option 1 please as I like the idea of burning tokens and maybe option 2

EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP, REFOCUS, AND REMEMBER WHAT WONDERLANDā€™S PURPOSE IS. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO GROW OUR WEALTH AND PROVIDE FOR US LONG TERM.

TO DO THIS WE NEED TO GROW THE FUND.

IT IS THEREFORE ALWAYS BETTER TO USE FUNDS FOR INVESTMENTS THAT CAN 10X RATHER THAN FOR ONCE-OFF SUGAR HITS. THE MONEY WILL BE GONE FOREVER.

DONā€™T FORGET THIS AND HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO KEEP THE FUND AT SCALE AND GROWING. ALWAYS TRY AND GROW THE THE FUND AND HAVE A LONG TERM MINDSET. WITH THIS YOUR WEALTH WILL GROW TOO.

Iā€™m adding this sentence so that the body seems clear.

5 Likes

Youre not missing anything. youre deaad right. money will be gone forever and from that moment on it will be a sinking ship. We all need to take a longer term mindset and let them use the funds for investments that can 10x which will have the same effect and our treasury will grow and be backed intrinsically with good assets. We dont want short term price propping to take over as it will erode our wealth and the fund size long term.

2 Likes

I say DO NOTHING. We are having a global Crypto Meltdown. Its pulling wonderland down too. The people who were liquidated are out. Thatā€™s the pitfalls of investing. We would not be having this discussion if the liquidations did not occur? I think not. So Bitcoin Corrects, and we ponder burningwMEMO hoping it will drive the price up. So others trapped can sell and drive the price back down? Iā€™d rather see a lock up if you want to take Wmemo out of circulationā€¦

1 Like

Options Both 1 & 2 for sure

To me the only option Id be alright with is option 2. Makes the most IMO

Instead of Burning why not issue a Dividend equal to the total value liquidated to all remaining share holders? Value of your holdings will go up. Similar to burning tokens and trying to create a Higher value through reduction of tokens.

1 Like

Option 5 Donā€™t burn it, share it among $wMemo holders, a massive airdrop would be a unique action that would attract the attention of the whole market, and you would make the #FrogNation happy

2 Likes

Burnā€¦ Babyā€¦ Burnā€¦ Need to short term change the momentum to drive demand again. Get on the other side of 65/70k and the fudsters will start buying again.

Burn - yes any of the 2 options or both at once are helpful to get higher backing price for wMemo

Both option 1 and option 2.

Before proposing something like that, should we not try to make the community understands how the whole process works and educate a lot more?
OPTION 1 seems short sided to me and it feels like only the people who are in for the short time will benefit from it.
OPTION 2 (Correct me if Iā€™m wrong) Is already done or something similar when the treasury is buying and burning wMemo that falls under the backing price.

Minting is the big problem and it should never ever come back if you want less dilution. Speaking of problems, over the top leveraging and greed is another problem, I wouldnā€™t mind if the treasury was able to make profit from thoses who are over leveraging and who gets liquidated from Abra or is this already happening? Could be OPTION 3!? :smile: But itā€™s not the same protocol so I donā€™t think it will happenā€¦ unless we create our own MIM fork :smile: Another problem I see for now are the whales profiting from the automatic buy back from the backing price. As it is my understanding right now, anybody can find these automatic buy backs online and find at what price they will be triggered. If you have enough money you can definitely profit from that loophole buy keeping the price down when you need and buying more wMemo at a cheap price and taking in more revenue. (I will not elaborate more on that topic :wink: ) With education, these are some of the problems we should tackle on 1st before doing anything else. Most of the people who owns wMemo donā€™t even understand what is being done here. Can they sincerely vote for whatā€™s best for the future of Wonderland with out knowing anything about the project? Even I know that I would not be the best to vote for some of the proposals that are being madeā€¦Unless someone is able to explain why this or this option would be best and for what reasons and how it could influence Wonderland in the future. Which would take time and not very efficient in a very fast moving market. I mean it feels like I could propose anything and it could be voted. I propose to receive 10$/ words for this reply. :sweat_smile: Sifu and Daniele have been doing a good job with all their other projects so far. Why not let them decide and see what happens. As long as they still believe in the project and wantā€™s to do right by us I say let them stir the ship for a while. Wonderland is down right now not because of dilution, itā€™s down because the whole market is down. BTC sneezes and some Alt coin somewhere brakes a leg or two. Itā€™s like a house of cards. A whale removes some of there money from BTC and the cascade of liquidation comes back to hit us in the face. There is a need to stop dilution for sure but a lot has already been made and Iā€™m not sure that this proposal is the way to goā€¦for now. We should tackle other problems 1st that and a revamp of the forum and website. For a 1B dollar companyā€¦ it feels a bit like a High Schooler built them in his spare time. Have a good day/night everyone!