Over the last few weeks, the rust has started to come off Wonderland.
The revenue share farm has be deployed, a moderation team has been hired to help distribute information as well as improve community experience, and just a few days ago, @TheSkyHopper has been voted in as Treasury Manager.
Wonderland has come a long way since January and the future is looking bright.
Wonderland is now at a crucial moment to forge a path for the future.
While the Treasury Manager deploys our funds to grow the treasury and increase the returns for holders, the DAO needs to lay down the foundation for the future.
The forum is the heart of the DAO. However, proposal are made, but engagement is limited.
As an example, one of the main complaint of the DAO members is that the process is too slow. Recently, a proposal was posted to reduce some of these timeframes and proposed guidelines to build on the current framework. Unfortunately, while it aims to fix one the core issue raised by the community, it received limited engagement.
For more information:
[DAO Discussion] Governance process
While the forum is the heart of the DAO, the Discord remains the main source of community engagement.
In the past, proposals that were promoted on the Discord server achieved a reasonable level of engagement. However, it is not reasonable to make an announcement every time a new DAO Discussion is created. While it would not be such an issue when times are slow, it would be too much when forum engagement is higher.
Therefore, a proper way to communicate governance related information is required in order to increase the level of engagement on the forum.
- Use the existing announcement channel to post regular updates on governance issues & proposals.
- May reach a higher number of community members, but may annoy those who are not interested in governance. May also burden the announcement channel and make it harder for members to look at announcements that are not governance related.
Use the #governance channel
- Use the existing governance channel to post regular updates on governance issues & proposals.
- May reach a limited number of community members due to low activity in that channel, but could be reaching the members who wants to be involved in the governance process. May help revive the channel.
Create a Governance Announcement channel
- Create a new announcement channel specific to updates on governance issues & proposals.
- May reach a higher number of community members. Could be muted by those not interested in governance. Will not clutter the regular announcement channel.
Create a Governance Update role
- Create a new role in Discord to allow moderators to ping those interested.
- May reach a more limited number of community members, but would be reaching the members who wants to be involved in the governance process. Could be used to ping members and increase activity in the #goverance channel.
In my opinion, creating a governance announcement channel and role would be the ideal scenario.
The role could be used to get quick feedback or ping members interested in governance on more basic updates and information as well as bring some activity to the existing #governance channel. The new announcement channel could be used for more important process like new initiatives, RFCs, WIPs & votes. This would help clean the regular announcement channel by keeping it focused on other types of updates.
That being said, before something is implemented, feedback from the community would be appreciated.
Keep in mind that while this post talks only about Discord as a first line of engagement, updates would also be posted on the other platforms being managed like Reddit, Medium, etc.
- Use the current announcement channel
- Use the current #governance channel
- Create an announcement channel for governance
- Create a role for members wanted to be involved in governance
- Other, see comment below
- No one cares about governance
Additionally, a new forum structure is also being worked on. This in itself will make the forum more appealing to navigate and hopefully promote more engagement from the community members.