Proposal: buy abracadabra

The current market value of abracadabra is 649M, and we only need to buy 51% to complete the acquisition.
These daniele himself agrees almost to achieve, he holds 30% of WL,
We only need to use the treasury to acquire 300MM~350MM in OTC and daniele to complete it.
Why should such premise be merged?

I’m sure it’s good to work with abracadabra, but it’s pretty stupid to just swap and release the spell for 98B.
It would be better to lock 51% of the token share of the market supply and subsequent emissions directly in the wonderland treasury.
This is a win-win for spell and wonderland.
The spell price won’t take a hit, and wonderland can also maintain liquidation and make further compounding investments.

Edit: For clarity, voting “Those in favour” means you want to buy abracadabra with treasury

Voting “Those opposed” means you don’t this proposal

• Those in favour
  • Those opposed

0 voters

2 Likes

I like this idea. Can you enable a vote button?

2 Likes

I like this better than phasing out wmemo. We could stake that spell and earn fees on top of the price boost from buying all that spell.

1 Like

I would love to see a side by side pros/cons of holding / staking / rev share etc of wMemo vs Spell. Break it down super simple

8 Likes

Easy choice. Vertical integration of Frog nation ecosystem is why I invested in Wonderland.

3 Likes

I like this. Assuming the buyout was done by buying a large number of Spell with the treasury, I would propose that as part of the buyout, we airdrop the wMEMO being held in our treasury to current Spell holders proportionate to how much Spell they own. Then after that is complete, we allocate a percentage or all of the Spell now in the Wonderland treasury from the initial buyout back to all wMEMO holders. wMemo would continue to be the governance token of Wonderland/Abra, and Spell would continue to hold current utility. Spell holders would benefit by receiving governance tokens for Wonderland + a small amount of spell and wMemo holders would benefit from a proportionately larger drop of spell.

1 Like

Much better than the merging

5 Likes

is the best idea i heard today

6 Likes

A way better idea, Abracadabra is a tool, it provides a service. That’s great but it’s not innovative generally speaking, Wonderland has the ability to pivot and invest in multiple places, it’s where innovation will occur with the Frog platform.

That being said, the owners of Abracadabra are benefitting from liquidations occurring on the platform and a lot of those liquidations are coming from Wonderland investors… so let’s buy it so we can reduce our liability from these liquidations.

5 Likes

Here’s another option that has been floated… If there’s rev share of treasury in WL, then each wmemo would receive about $20K/yr annually ($350M/17,500 wmemo).

That amounts to over 50% ROI based on current wmemo pricing.

Additionally, the Rev Share could distribute assets that appreciate in price (eth, avax) and stables (mim). So, that ROI could increase as market increases.

50% ROI of real assets (not just APY emissions) makes wmemo a real asset that can be objectively valuated for cash flow . I don’t know what the market price is for an asset like that is, but in non-defi space you’re talking about 10x or 20x+… either way, it’s definitely much higher than the 2x value it would currently have.

I like this REV SHARE path way better than exchanging the best asset we have (revenue) for project streamlining in ABRA. It may help the dev team reach their goals, but I fail to see how it helps WL investors.

6 Likes

Yes, great idea. Since we’re going to be getting 2k /wMEMO /month which is excellent, let’s have Abracadabra buy into wMEMO…? Why not, it’s amazing return, it’ll be great for both platforms. Wonderland will get buy pressure, Abra will get an ROI.

5 Likes

Exactly what I was asking about. So far I haven’t seen any examples to know what I should expect

1 Like

Another idea

I believe it is time for wonderland to take ownership of its greatest asset which is the treasury. Farming as a service works especially in the present market condition. There is zero reason for a treasury of this size to lose money on buybacks - nor is a merger to the benefit of wonderland. Usually the larger bank acquires the smaller bank.

We need to fully implement shared revenue.

Farm as a service which wonderland and Dani and team know well

Focus on restoring the intrinsic value of the token by offering this shared revenue model. Fewer people will see benefit to shorting an asset that yields them a passive growth of value.

Stop additional treasury depleting activity (to include investing) until we have restored the value of the token Wmemo to at least pre 68k wmemo level

Focus 100% on a clear restoration of value strategy

Full transparency of funds (good start with FUNDS tab on the wonderland app)

Appoint team from overlapping timezones so that someone is always at the helm

Appoint marketibg and communications to counter-FUD strategies

Once we have stabilized above 68k Wmemo levels start the process of burning all liquidated supply. Burning supply after stabilizing the price range will help prop up price in the next range - while the revenue share model will keep holders firmly entrenched.

Next focus on a goal based APY reduction (not the punative model some daos use) Utilize price to phase out rebasing - example

At 50k wmemo apy = x example 60,000%
At 60k wmemo apy = x example 45,000%
At 70k wmemo apy = x example 30,000%
At 80k Wmemo apy = x example 25,000%
At 90k Wmemo apy = x example 15,000%
At 100k wmemo apy = x example 10,000%
At 110k wmemo apy = x example 7500%

Use this model until apy = 50%

Once price of Wmemo is at a sufficient level Apy will be zero. However once Wmemo was to enter specific ranges earlier holders are made whole and will likely stay due to revenue share vs taking an opportune exit.

Let Dao vote determine all levels of apy. This will assure those who hold on the riskier end of the curve are always rewarded because right now people are only holding because they are down - that should never be the reason to hold a blue chip asset

Finally, stick to ONE clear and concise direction. Execute that plan and after that plan has been executed move to the next stage of the plan. No more zig zagging. Zig zagging doesnt create momentum it creates head winds. All of this communication of plans that go unexecuted become opportunistic fud.

It was great PR to execute buybacks, but not good PR when we still havent received air drops of assets the community was promised. Also not good PR to discuss a revenue share plan one day, then the next drop a merger plan on the community. Obviously bad communication strategy.

Top priority for this Dao and for Wonderland should be to restore the intrinsic value to the token asset.

Best idea I’ve seen all day. Keep bumping this until Dani and crew understand WE hold the tokens WE should decide. Win for all!

wmemo/mim leverage removed from abra, should stop some of the issues. Don’t get me started on this, who whaled who and how…

Flood Dani & Sifu with this idea, here, Twitter, Discord, YouTube, everywhere. We own the treasury. Stay united, just flip the script. Keep WL and wmemo whole, leverage removed, bump it to the top until it is very visible…

We should then vote to reward wmemo holders the liquidated wmemo

This is a wonderful idea. Let’s transform it into a proposal that can be further discussed. I would love to vote for it.

@0xWicked
Hi ser
Based on the current voting results, I think this proposal can move to the next stage for further discussion.
Please help, thanks.
I know our current state, but good things should go on and let the frogs know that we are still here.

When I was working out the math of my sSpell payout it looked like i would lock in my 50 % loss on wMemo. Well that was yesterday. Today I am sitting at 80% loss. I would rather figure out how to recoup my loss rather than lock it in. Plus all this changing is getting me dizzy. This seems like a big move to increase my wMemo value while getting me some of those fees on Abracadabra.