[RFC] - MOD Compensation Amendment

Come on guys. We gotta be a little bit clearer. This really does seem like it’s a money grab. Prepaying services? There’s no product being delivered to Wonderland that requires up front cost.

I’m 100% with the proposal IF we have guarantees that any money is returned for non-rendered services (i.e. Wonderland stops functioning prior to Jan 2023) That’s the biggest “wtf” in this proposal. The incentive is the monthly payments for services.

2 Likes

We did bring up the issue of perspective before and it was our main concern with Sky making this proposal.

I guess it comes down to do people trust Alice enough since she will be holding the money a distribute accordingly every month or return if Wonderland was to stop.

We also thought of something like Furo from Sushi to eliminate the need for trust. However, I’m not familiar with it enough to say if its good or not given how new it is.

1 Like

I like to write here that in order for any chance of the future, Wonderland will need the Mods.

They have been instrumental in coordinating DAO decision-making, which I can say, in many other protocols have become useless with either incompetence or apathy.

The same themes may apply that a discord mod role may not be important, though the team does quite a bit. As a TM I have come to rely materially on them, and so any kind of action taking place here would necessitate that the mods themselves feel a level of financial… security.

While I understand some points with the naysayers on this - you’ll regret the day that the mods are gone and you happen to hold wMEMO.

3 Likes

We don’t need this proposal to keep the mods. That’s my entire point. No problem with their pay. Or even compensating them some for early 2022. They are compensated monthly to do their duties. Why exactly do we need to pay them up front through Jan 2023?

2 Likes

I agree with you. I have joined other projects where the Mods don’t regularly show up thus, there were times when neither a Mod or Admin is around. And so, communication in the Discord degenerated over time and this left the members feeling frustrated and at times resulted in chaos. I can only guess this is because the Mod/s are simply doing ‘volunteer’ work else they’d be more mindful of their role/responsibilities.

1 Like

100% I think this is good idea. Go Mods!

1 Like

I say yes to changes!

1 Like

It’s a yes from me. :love_you_gesture:t2:

This suggestion should include a list of mods, what they are paid, what they do and how performance is monitored as well as a rough P&L to show what these sums mean in the wider context (for example, what % of ROI from stabelcoins in the treasury would this represent)? Or, if that information is available somewhere else, a link should be provided. without that context it is impossible to consider the proposal?

All these discussions were previously done on WIP6, this current proposal is 2nd layer of the previous WIP6 that already passed, it’s merely asking for the certain amount to be vested in mod pay wallet which will be distribute monthly as previously done.

Yes which i don’t agree with… if dani made that promise let him pay for it himself.

1 Like

Yes because how things move is completely subjective. Another issue which needs addressed. Clear lack of defined guidelines is an issue n leaves open things which shouldn’t be.

1 Like

That information isn’t available as their performance isn’t really tracked like that.
There’s no accountability via transparency to the community.

1 Like

@jclemons
The original mod pay proposal was pretty bad. I have no problem paying mods, but their individual roles were never laid out. I know they all aren’t doing 100% of what was laid out in that proposal. But that’s in the past. And yes…zero transparency like you mentioned

Back pay seems strange considering the selling point of the original mod compensation proposal was “New responsibilities.” We should probably compensate all mods prior to that proposal passing if we’re doing this.

Think someone said it above, but the big issue with this proposal is that there’s no guarantee money would be returned back to wonderland holders if the project dissolves sooner than Jan 2023. Yes, the crypto market is rough right now and global economies are stressed, but I’m not getting a 6 month salary advance at my job.

1 Like

Could be?
It should be and that needs to be explicitly stated in the proposal.

Back pay is fine although I do think it doesn’t really make sense considering that work wasn’t being done by your own admission in the previous proposal. Perhaps paying all mods that were active between Jan and May based on mod tier level.

1 Like

Yes the original mod pay wip was justified with expanded responsibilities and supposedly a direct line of communication with core team. That communication line has been sub par especially with dani. To try now to get back pay because supposedly dani promised it when their original position was volunteer sends the wrong message to community. Most in community are down significantly on their investment yet mods want essentially a “back pay” bonus to while the rest of us are stuck in limbo with any return on investment. This is essentially a statement that they don’t trust dani to ever pay them on whatever he promised or on time monthly moving forward. Otherwise why is this needed? The community should read between these lines there seems to be a clear message Otherwise this wouldn’t be a conversation. Let’s not try to pretend otherwise because some of us aren’t fooled.

I was being more general trying to say that it COULD be returned at anytime regardless of the reason why windown, dao vote, etc. and not if Wonderland would wind down we could, maybe, potentially, at some point, eventually, return the funds.

It should probably be explicitly stated as good business. However, if you are concerned that we would not do so, I’m thinking that adding it would not address your concerns.

Topic has been approved for WIP:

https://dao.wonderland.money/t/wip-12-mod-compensation-amendment/18608