[WIP #17] Stopping Rebases

Without rebase we have absolutely nothing to offer old and new investors. A share in a 5th rate token in BSGG means people sharing in a diluted token farm that has no real value. Millions of these are being minted and given out in the Farm every week to existing holders that gets dumped on Rage Quit. We have nothing else to offer so stop rebases when we have something not now, utility or a good investment to attract money into Wonderland.

1 Like

wMEMO with no rebases is the way forward!

1 Like

And I did state this.
But yeah, anyone else can bail at any time. I have no issue with holding and seeing what happens.

Is there any data that the investors, that remained after the rage quit will “run away”?
You understand all you and I have at this point is opinion. Personally, I did not rage quit because I thought rebasing was a viable means of ROI. That is not what kept me onboard.
What you are saying is a system (rebasing) that offers no ROI is worth keeping around, in order to keep investors around. Also, we are in the middle of a bear market and the timing is wrong.
Why is the timing wrong? Do you think WL devs should wait until the next bull run to work on a new strategy?
I would argue a bear market is, the right time, and the best time to restructure, if whatever the change is can sustain in a bear market it will thrive in a bull market. If ending a useless Ponzi that by now most investors have recognized allows the devs to restructure;
I say get rid of it and if that makes the paper hands run for the door to get their dime on a dollar, it may be best to cull them now. We need long-term investors. If the project begins to advance most likely paper hands will exit the first sign of progress and that will not be helpful to the diamond handers.
The bottom line is no one can tell the future. The past has failed. Repeating what has failed is not learning from past mistakes. To try something else whether it fails or succeeds is a pathway to success. We learn from new mistakes, not the same old mistakes.

1 Like

Its a close call on the vote and you say ‘try something else’ what is that something else? Seems like the blind leading the blind with a new management team and one crap Farm pool coin. We should wait and announce a new roadmap rather than jumping without a parachute, if that has a more attractive investment opportunity then please turn off rebase but right now we have nothing. Looks like half the Wonderland investors will be happy the other half not which is cool and I will accept the vote as we all have to. Will I sell if the vote goes for change, who knows. Here are they holders today so lets see where this is in a month Time 32,584 addresses WMEMO 56,456 addresses.

1 Like

When you look at the voting you can see what I am warning about is a realistic scenario. Right now the Stopping rebases camp is in the lead(Only slightly) but what do you think the no voters will do if this is passed and implemented? And frankly I do not understand what’s the hurry? It would be far better to vote on a plan to end rebases and a road to it so we keep everybody onboard.

4 Likes

why get rid of the one thing that has kept 50 percent if the people here waiting for the bear market to end. … and people throw the word Ponzi around… what do you think banks are…they simply attract customers with apy and incentives in order to hoooolllld your money… This vote was dumb…should have left a good thing in place until a plan was figured out first. …

3 Likes

Just because it’s useless doesn’t mean we should get rid of it. I understand that’s not where the project is going anymore BUT a lot of people joined this as a crypto experiment and personally I enjoy seeing the rebases vs the price of TIME on a daily basis. I also think a lot of people will leave this project without them.

5 Likes

Voting has now closed for WIP #17.

The proposal to Stop Rebases has passed as our closest vote yet, with 50.55% of votes in favor!
https://wl-l.ink/Snapshot/WIP-17

Stay tuned for updates!

4 Likes