[WIP #17] Stopping Rebases

If you bought TIME a year ago and bought at the price of $8000 per time with an investment of $5000 you will have a very small amount of time not even 1 around 0.6 TIME, with rebase you will have increased that to 79.86 Time a value in $ of $1039 today. With 30% Farm on Betswap coin worth $0.005 it will take a long time for these early investors to get any where near their initial investment. If Rebase is left until April/May next year then these guys have a chance to recoup their investment and it gives the DAO a chance to ride out the bear market and set up new projects with new management and hopefully attract new investment which is not out there at present. So turn off rebases but wait until the time is right which is not now.

3 Likes

My last point on Farm rewards rather than rebase is that with Rage Quit they dump these coins by 80 percent on the day of the Rage Quit is processed which leaves a massive negative effect on all of us.

@blindbeliever2 the APR of the farm is based on the price of wMEMO (and the asset being farmed) not MEMO, but the amount distributed is controlled by the protocol (35m this week). So rebase themselves would have no direct impact on the amount of tokens you recieve nor its value.

That said, stopping rebase, would stop artificially reduce the price of TIME/MEMO.

@jey keeping rebase until April/May next year will not give a chance to anyone to recoup their initial invesment.

They can only recouo their invesment based on price action, just like a regular token, with or without rebases.

1 Like

There is a direct relationship between TIME MEMO and WMEMO which generates your farm rewards. I believe we should stop rebase as I said but not now, we are being hammered down is the market and stopping what 36000 holders signed up for will end wonderland.

1 Like

Getting tired of this. Can we just put it up for a vote already? Then I can decide wether to sell off my wMEMO or stick around. Weŕe going in circles now.

2 Likes

Stopping Rebase will not raise the price and make this a more attractive investment. In the proposal, they hit the nail in the head. The only thing that will create wealth is the price rising. There has been little movement in the increase of the price. We are likely stuck at the current price for life. At least let people enjoy the rebase, which is what the project was sold on to investors in the beginning.

4 Likes

Don’t stop rebases. I mean it is what wonderland was about. The main attraction.

3 Likes

I do NOT support stopping the rebase. As long as the rebase is generating coin that is tradable on an exchange is have value (TIME is currently at $13) and fluctuating. I can unstake TIME from the Fram and trade it for AVAX, how is that not of function or value?

1 Like

Does anyone else find this project fascinating? So the whole point of a DAO is to have a voting democracy. So you started out with how many lambos everyone was going to have. If you would have kept with time/memo that might have held true. A lot of people blame the treasurer etc. but the real reason things are screwed is because you split the pot between time memo mim and wrapped memo. It created too much supply in any one. Now you have a lot of people that lost money in time memo trying to hold on and have faith with the rebasing. They are going to vote to keep the rebases. Then you have people that lost tons of money in wmemo. They want the rebases turned off. You created wmemo for those that wanted an easier way to do their taxes but what you did was create a two party system in the DAO. This is a zero sum game. You really need to totally wipe out one of the sides and do it so both sides win.

2 Likes

There is no real damage in having rebases, right? A lot of investors are here because of the rebases. Irrational, but it’s a fact. I prefer to see the rebases as a marketing tool for the not so involved people among us.

It does not damage Wonderland; we just keep our focus to wMEMO!

1 Like

:loudspeaker: Voting is now live for WIP #17!

https://wl-l.ink/Snapshot/WIP-17

Please be sure to cast your vote! :AliceHappy:

1 Like

We were all duped with the idea that money can create more money simply with this thing called rebasing. FTR. Productivity is the only thing that creates value, real money.
Rebasing was and remains to be, a false flag. Frankly, I suspected it was a Ponzi at the time. I do not even pay attention to what my holdings are currently at. I will look when the market recovers.
So?
Why should we have any faith in the WL platform? The failed Olympus rebase concept was repeated over and over with OHM forks of all sorts. Sometimes with the best of intentions. As I believe was the case with Danny and WL. Jade, Hector, and Liquid Driver are a few others.
And I have been rugged 3 times. I remain on 4 or 5 other similar platforms with fingers crossed.

The thing is EVERYONE… We know by now that REBASING IS A LOSER.
It is not an actual investment.
We have already lost and now we are faced with taking the loss or riding along on the latest trip being proposed that most of us still may not fully comprehend. I admit it. My investment skills are adolescent at best.

I have accepted that, if I expect to recover my investment, we must have faith or trust, take your pick, in the team. We need to focus on a new course. If ending rebasing is the means to this new course, my vote is to end rebasing in order to allow the WL team to head in a new direction.
If this is a course towards the final trickle to ultimately losing our entire investment, I do not see it as being any different than what we have already been experiencing.
If you support the status quo of where we are currently at, my admitted adolescent experience would suggest instead of voting to, “make no changes”, cut yourself free and cash out.
Fortune favors the Bold.
Let’s try something else.

2 Likes

I see this on a cliff with everyone listening below. Great speech :clap:

1 Like

But it does not favor de dumb. And with that I mean that it would be stupid to get rid of the one thing that brought people here, without having something replacing it. So instead of proposing to stop rebases, I would make this a goal. Lets keep rebasing going(and work again) while we ready the farm to be able to transition to it once it is ready and able to add some real value and preferably when this bear market is over. Timing is also important. Just stopping rebases would be a dumb move, almost as dumb as the redemptions we got going.

3 Likes

It is really easy to throw out the word dumb. I can say keeping rebasing is dumb, but won’t use that as an argument, as it is baseless without a reasoned rebuttal. It is less easy to explain how a failed system like rebasing will, quote: “work again”.
Explain to us all how rebasing creates income aside from bringing in new investors, (the core element of a Ponzi) and I will reconsider my vote. I have not voted yet.
I admit to not having a complete understanding of rebasing. What I do understand is that rebasing does not create new money.
I see it as a facade. A facade that has been exposed and will not bring in any serious comprehensive investors. Just more noobs that are tossing their money into a wishing well.
Whether or not ending rebasing will open up new avenues for the developers is also unknown. I have been in this since October 2021 and rebasing has really not done what it was claimed to do. I do not see it suddenly becoming helpful, particularly if it is used as a shiny lure to capture more investors. This is a pyramid/Ponzi and we need to end it.

1 Like

The rebases don’t work because the mintig has stopped. If we start that up again it would work. What should have happened from the start was minting providing a discount on Time, the staking increases the ammount of Time/Memo and the investing makes the profit.

What happend was all the FUD regarding Sifu and everything crapped out.

I am not suggesting we can not move away from rebasing but that the way we do it now is so very wrong that it will be most likely the death of WL.

Timing is everything and doing this in the middle of a bear market and with nothing worthwhile in place to replace it will not make holders walk away, they will RUN away.

3 Likes

Its not magical infinite value, selling a rebase is the same thing as selling a tiny bit of wMEMO which does not increase with the amount of rebases.

1 Like

The minting has stopped because it was a means of selling an inflationary puff of smoke, (coin) that held no real-world value. That is the Ponzi. Starting that up again is only perpetuating the scheme to take from other wishful investors in an ultimate unsustainable death. WL is not alone in this. It has occurred in all the OHM forks.
I have to believe that we were in fact duped into an unrecognizable Ponzi from the start, holding on to the idea of a decentralized investment platform. All the rug pulls knew this and are evidence of it. Even in the strongest bear market, the pyramid will ultimately crumble. If there is no real-world productivity then there is no investment. Minting new money is no different than growing money on a tree.
Many of the OHM forks ARE attempting to become something else, like a venture capital fund, Monastery Monks for example investing in movies. Some are attempting to invest the treasury into gaming, like KogeFarm, some are creating NFT’s selling platform, Jade.
This is what WL needs to do and end the scam. If people bail and want their dime on the dollar, that is what the “rage quit” was for. But yeah, anyone else can bail at any time. I have no issue with holding and seeing what happens. But I am not convinced starting minting and rebasing back up is a viable and honest means to grow.

1 Like

I gues you missed the part where I stated:

I am not agains stopping with the rebases, I am against stopping the rebases now and in this fashion. The time is wrong(bear market), The timing is off(We have nothing to offer the holders instead) and the way we do it is wrong(First build the farm or other means to Revshare to make good value for the holders, then you can ditch the rebases).

2 Likes

I would vote for any changes, they are better than marking time. But previous votes tell us that they do little. We voted for a new treasury manager, and the price is still falling. The price falls and the treasury decreases. I do not see the point in changing until the treasury managers show their work in filling it.

2 Likes