The scope of this proposal is the define an official structure for Wonderland as well as create the positions required to maintain the protocol running smoothly.
This proposal aims to implement a management structure by creating a Management Team with clearly defined positions and duties. The goal of this initiative is to make Wonderland’s workload and responsibilities more transparent and efficient.
Moreover, this proposal opens up the possibility of rewarding the community and volunteers for their contribution without creating fixed positions for them.
This proposal will define the following items:
- High level organizational structure
- Proposed Management Team structure/roles
- Officially define the Treasury Council
- Impact of the current changes
- DAO: Ultimate decision maker setting the guidelines and vision for the protocol to operate.
- Management Team: The Management Team is composed of key positions that ensure the stability and proper operation of the protocol on a daily basis. Management Team members are elected by the DAO and are responsible for carrying out the DAO’s vision.
- Treasury Team: The Treasury Team includes any position that is focus on investing the treasury (e. g. Treasury Operators). Investments proposed should meet the DAO’s guidelines/risk limits.
- Treasury Council: The Treasury Council is made up of knowledgeable community members that vote on proposed strategies.
- Multisig: The multisig executes the transactions voted on by the Treasury Council. WIP #21 has elected the current multisig members.
It is believed Wonderland would benefit from the proposed structure by having a Management Team of 6 committed and trustworthy members, to ensure the protocol is well-managed and efficiently operated at all times executing the DAO´s will.
Structure and terms:
- Members of the Management Team should be long-standing members of the community who have demonstrated a continuous commitment and regular involvement over a period of at least three months.
- Every six months, all management team members should be reviewed by the DAO.
- Each member is reviewed individually, through a special forum thread with a poll. In the event that the poll results show less than 70% support, a snapshot vote will be conducted.
- If their work is deemed unsatisfactory, management team members can be removed from their positions through the governance processes or by voluntary resignation.
- Any open spot shall be temporarily covered equally by the other team members, until a new person is voted in.
It is proposed to place some of the currently elected officials for half a term in the positions described below, with the first evaluation scheduled after 3 months to continue the current transition.
Communications Officer - Alice in Wonderland • @AliceInWonderland
The Communication Officer serves as the face of the DAO. They are generally responsible for managing and handling communications in both directions. They are involved in various activities such as communications, PR, social media, and events.
- Deprecate the Senior Moderator position and assume its responsibilities.
- Correspondence and communication with external parties for any non-treasury related topic.
- Maintaining Wonderland’s social media presence and ensuring the security of the accounts.
- Planning and organizing regular AMAs and community events to boost brand awareness.
- Providing regular updates to the community and managing community issues.
- When necessary, provide factual information to reduce FUD.
- Managing the Snapshot account and publishing votes.
- Marketing of educational content on all platforms
- In charge of holding, securing, managing, and distributing the budget of the Team. *¹
Operations Officer - Queen of Hearts • TBD / Call Letter
The Operations Officer ensures that all operations are documented in detail, conducted efficiently, and with the utmost transparency. Provides support to all departments to ensure that they are working together effectively and assures the authenticity and relevance of all information before reaching out to the community and overseeing the protocol’s councils.
- Collect key information from all departments and make it available to relevant parties as necessary.
- Ensure that transactions posted to Multisig have been executed and retain all related documentation.
- Provide support to other departments as required, such as governance research, communications support, and technical testing.
- Provide easy-to-use materials for the communications department so that the communications team and moderators remain informed at all times.
- Participate in all external communications with third parties for the purpose of documenting and disseminating information. Provide transparent info to the Communications Officer, for DAO transparency.
- Ensure that workflow and information flow are established, both within and outside the Team.
- Verification of information before communication material is officially published.
- Feedback from the community is collected and relayed to the appropriate departments.
- Monitoring of the Treasury Council, relay results/info to applicable departments.
- Keep track of internal work, document it, and organize departments’ collaboration efforts, when necessary, while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ensure proper steps are taken once legal advice is received to ensure legal compliance and reduce liability.
Technical Officer - Cheshire Cat • @Catalyst
The Technical Officer is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the protocol’s platforms. Furthermore, they ensure that all relevant technical information is properly documented and available for review by the DAO.
- Maintaining Wonderland Tech, improving it, and adding new features as necessary.
- Ensure that Wonderland’s smart contracts are functioning properly.
- Creating and maintaining bots for Discord.
- Improvements to the security of Discord and dApp.
- Ensure that routine technical tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Community feedback is implemented.
- Ensure that all token statistics are displayed on an up-to-date dashboard in accordance with Treasury Council guidelines.
This further enhances WIP #24 by adding a Technical Officer role, responsible for managing Wonderland’s technical aspects. Additionally, they would be responsible for the funding allocated for maintaining Wonderland sites and underlying IT, up to a maximum of $10,000 per month. Please refer to WIP for more information.
The allocation will reimburse any costs incurred prior to this vote for maintaining the backend.
Governance Officer - Timekeeper • @NalX
The Governance Officer is responsible to enforce the DAO’s frameworks and ensure the proper documentation of the DAO’s vision, roles, votes, etc. They shall ensure that the DAO members have the tools necessary to engage in the governance process.
- Monitoring the progress of governance proposals.
- Analyzing proposals for conflicts, risks, and compliance with previous DAO decisions.
- Following a vote by the DAO, ensure that official documents are amended as necessary.
- The provision of insight regarding the compliance of the internal strategy with the DAO code.
- Ensure that the governance framework, voted policies, and legal requirements are adhered to.
- Contribute to the development of proposals by the team and community.
- Managing the Wonderland Forum as an administrator, including pins, moderation, and structure.
- Lead governance discussion and promote engagement.
- Ensure the legal aspects of the DAO are taken into consideration and professional opinions considered.
- Until a formal legal budget is allocated, if legal advice is required for the DAO governance aspects, the required expenses will be voted on by the Council. Upon receipt of this approval, the DAO will be notified within 48 hours when applicable.
- All costs for legal consults will be covered by the treasury and included in the treasury report.
Financial Officer - Caterpillar • @ruian11
The Financial Officer is responsible for the organization of repeatable tasks (e.g. claiming rewards, monitoring farm, etc) in the absence of prior standardized DAO decisions or enforcing said decisions when applicable.
In addition, they are the main point of contact for external requests/offers such as venture capital investments, listing and partnerships. To ensure a smooth flow of information and risk management, they must maintain close communication with the Risk Officer and Operations Officer.
- Point of contact for negotiations with 3rd parties, such as OTC deals, investment conditions, partnerships, etc.
- Organization and management of deployed strategies and their profitability according to DAO guidelines, protocol owned liquidity pools, rewards claims and Wonderland’s farm.
- Providing assistance to the newly elected members in developing strategies.
- Creates monthly Treasury Performance reports to ensure holders are provided necessary insights into the effectiveness of the protocol.
- Review performance of elected treasury team members and monitor trading rewards.
- Help coordinate redemptions.
- Assist is assessing community proposed strategies for risks and conflicts.
- Work with the Risk Officer to help the DAO establish proper guidelines/risk limits.
In order to qualify for the Financial Officer position, candidates must possess a comprehensive understanding of the protocol, as well as a general understanding of DeFi. Prior to applying for this position, an interview with the Risk Officer is requested, to ensure that the position is filled as efficiently and effectively as possible.
This ensures the execution of the DAO´s guidelines and treasury deployment based on the wishes of the collective will.
It is believed these positions are required to properly ensures the execution of the DAO´s vision and wishes of the collective will.
It is proposed that the DAO works towards standardizing necessary positions and keeping costs reasonable, yet rewarding those who step forward and help the protocol on a daily basis.
The level of commitment and trust required for each of the positions is the same. It is also necessary that all positions work together in order for the protocol to function effectively. Thus, equal compensation for all Management Team members is proposed.
These are full-time positions that require daily activity. Each Management Team member is proposed to receive 0.25 wMEMO for every 30 days of service, 50% payable in stables, based on market price, upon request. Management Team members are not eligible for trade rewards.
This would incur the DAO an additional expense of 1.25 wMEMO monthly / 15 wMEMO yearly for a management team of 5 members. It is recommended that wMEMO purchased through buybacks are used to facilitate payment.
Compensation will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure they remain reasonable and align with the latest treasury guidelines. The compensation will be changed through a DAO vote.
A council of 5 voting members is to be implemented. Formed by 5 long standing and DeFi knowledgeable community members. The Operations Officer monitors and documents the votes and ensures the information is forwarded to all applicable positions.
Council members shall be voted on each quarter via open call letter and evaluated by the Risk Officer for DeFi knowledge and potential bias - if this proposal is implemented, current council members will continue to occupy the positions until the first formal council election vote, without extra compensation.
If not enough community members present themselves for council spots it will be filled up with Team and elected members, based on knowledge levels and evaluated by the Risk Officer.
Council members may propose strategies if applicable, but need to abstain from the voting process for self-proposed strategies. An elected member will fill their place temporarily.
Any proposed profit bearing strategy to be voted on should include, at minimum:
- Project name & official links
- A summary of the due diligence done
- Risk assessment and profitability estimation
Contrary to what was initially voted in WIP #22, the Risk Officer will now identify and share with the Treasury Council the risks associated with each strategy prior to the council’s vote, when necessary, rather than evaluating the strategy after the council’s vote.
Council members should receive compensation in the form of 0.2 wMEMO per quarter, for their time, support and service, not applicable for Management Team members or other salary receiving elected positions.
This would incur the DAO an additional expense of 1 wMEMO quarterly / 4 wMEMO yearly for a treasury council of 5 members when no other elected team members are part of the council.
The current elected Team members who are not proposed for one of the management positions will remain in their current roles. They will concentrate primarily on their community support responsibilities and other duties, such as being members of the current Treasury Council, until a DAO votes on a revised formation for the council.
The previously elected team which served as Moderation Team will be reduced and will be responsible for community engagement. A maximum monthly compensation of three thousand USDC (3,000) per team member (based on equal work) is proposed. The previously allocated budget will remain the same at twenty-five thousand USDC (25,000) monthly. The newly available portion of the allocation can then be utilized for community building, events, and rewarding exceptional community service.
This change will allow more flexibility to reward community members that contribute, without the need for a proposal to have specific community members elected to be rewarded. Everyone will be encouraged to participate as a result.
Members of the Management Team may moderate, but are not required to do so and are ineligible to receive a share of this allocation.
*¹ This budget will remain at the discretion of the Communications Officer role.
There is no special requirement to implement this proposal.