[WIP #5] – Offer a Rage Quit Option to wMEMO holders

whats to stop people using this as an arbitrage?? so you sell your tokens at backing price (higher than current price??) plus your share of treasury and then buy back in at current price with the extra you have made…

2 Likes

Arb traders won’t take RQ, they’ll start selling as soon as liquidity returns and push the price back down below backing.

“fuck the arb traders proposal”

Eligibility for whitelist

• Wallet must have bought in prior to Jan 28th.

• Can only RQ wMEMO to the value of that purchased prior to Jan 28th.

• No wMEMO bought below backing will be eligible for RQ.

2 Likes

So, let me see if I got this right…

Proposal is to vote on using treasury to pay for people who want to leave without actually knowing how many people want to leave (or in other words how much treasury will be used for this)? … Well, that sounds like a very smart thing to do! :nerd_face:

As long as we keep making decisions based on feelings and not on hard data (which should be provided before the final vote), we’re going to have a lot of trouble building a profitable business here. :clown_face:

2 Likes

Dude except whales who gonna profit of this, the other ones who want to rage quit are idiots !!
First never FOMO into something parabolic! Second, if for any reason you did just DCA on the way down but never sell the bottom ! And in our case specifically, don’t rage quit if you are at a loss, you never gonna have as much as people that will hodl when market back up. You would be the absolute loosers of WL…
Personally I have used the “SIFU gate” to DCA, and I am near backing price thx to people who panicked. (When people are greedy be fearful, when people are fearful be greedy )
If No wins which I highly doubt it will sadly, and whales dump like you are saying, i will just buy some more… But I highly doubt they would sell if no RQ. But anyway they just all gonna vote yes and will take juicy profit on our treasury because we barely wins when we voted no to wind down with SIFU on our side, but this time he is voting yes so… I guess we are fucked. Thank god we should still have enough left after getting robbed…

people who are frustrated to hold this since ATH like you said should look at this:
(And if not able to understand that should stop doing crypto…)

1 Like

From another point of view if all arbitrage traders sell their tokens the only peeps that are left are holders. If holders hold then the price will rise because no one will sell for less than backing price and pushing the arbitrage sellers out of the project because the price wont go below backing price. The reason price is below the backing right now is to stop exploiting it. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the RQ proposal seems like a chess move 3 thoughts ahead. So I am voting yes for RQ option.

2 Likes

Agreed. I`m with you and the professor

So why not use buyback instead, or burn tokens to bring price back to backing price. If done correctly, people can leave at backing price and whales/arbitrage traders too ! But instead of depleting the treasury, we get cheap wMEMO in it

1 Like

That is a much better proposal as it incentivizes non rage quitters. I think that is a better approach then just offering a “rage quit”.

No. A bailout is a bailout no matter what you call it. Anyone who got in knew that volatility and bad actors are part of the game. Your investment decisions good and bad are your decisions and you have to live with the consequences of both. If you want out, sell like everyone else has too. If you got in to only try to take advantage of the drama based volatility you deserve to get rekt.

2 Likes

They wont, they will take the sure liquidity. If you are smart investor and you have a winning outcome you dont settle for a possible outcome you take the certainty. The certainty is their will be liquidity for the rage quit option. The uncertainty is the slippage on the other side of the rage quit and at what levels the liquidity is concentrated and more importantly - is the level where the most volume exists a profitable range for you.

My miscalculation when i was initially against rage quit was the slippage. If you look at a volume profile you will understand.

After rage quit a new ceiling will be defined. That ceiling for the next ceiler could be thousands of wmemo difference between rage quit price and backing price. The treasury is the ceiling because the treasury has the option to sell at backing. But all the difference between the rage quit and the ceiling is slippage. The only potential sell wall is the treasury. Now if those tokens are burned then the treasury no longer has assets to sell - meaning the sell wall could be much higher on the volume profile. The treasury could burn the tokens and remove the ceiling, or it could sell once the price moves past backing, in either case holders have won because price will be back above backing.

1 Like

i m good. let’s do this…

I hope that makes sense because thats the reality its a game of momentum. The rage quitters are the current “sell wall” once they are out the way, momentum shifts to holders. The price where the most concentration of willing sellers is located is the new sell wall where liquidity is highest concentrated, that could be thousands of wmemo in difference value.

Now you introduce innovation and create demand and your the only willing seller because treasury doesnt have tokens to sell then that demand is much much higher meaning people will pay more for less because of slippage.

2 Likes

get sober. read it again. lol

1 Like

Thank you for waking me up yesterday. You found points i didnt consider. I did more research and so how correct you were.

1 Like

you re probably right, and fine i agree to that. now, let’s do this.

too complicated. we’ve wasted enough time. let s do this…

1 Like

“there is a larger percentage of wMEMO holders which would like to exit the DAO.”.

This is a lie. It should be “there is a low amount of wMEMO holders, but with a larger amount of staked wMEMO, which would like to exit the DAO.”

No is the answer. Go to Harvard school and get a manager.

2 Likes

I’m against the ragequit. What would be the reason to stay in when you can simply exit and then re-enter if the project survives?

3 Likes

If you have noticed the price stopped dropping because the buybacks have stopped so the arbitrage. It is easier to exploit arbitrage when you know the price at which the treasury buys back the assets because lets not forget that that once everyone knew the backing price it was safe to assume that those who have been leveraging used it as support or risk free liquidation price. If someone has enough patience and money to manipulate the price then everyone in leverage are fucked if the price is manipulated enough for a moment triggering liquidations. When liquidation price is triggered then the massive, rapid sell off of assets are triggered as well thus creating a cascade of price drop thats why we have the price we have today. Thanks to the buyback and leverage. We have been attacked by smart money.