[WIP #5] – Offer a Rage Quit Option to wMEMO holders

This discussion has gone on too long.

The longer this takes the more damage is done.

:bomb:

3 Likes

I vote YES if Snapshot block occurs before #Sifugate.

I vote NO if Snapshot block occurs after #Sifugate.

Very simple.

3 Likes

I will be voting NO to this WIP. I am fine with the professor rage quit option.
I am missing in this WIP:

5. Prior to reopening the LP, the DAO will burn all wMemo tokens from the rage quit swap and any other DAO owned tokens management sees fit to decrease circulating supply and have an effect on lifting price above backing.

• The APY multiplier is only available for those that remain with the protocol. It allows you to turbo charge your percentage of the Treasury before anyone can buy back in once the LP reopens.
2 Likes

I dont believe WIP5 will pass.
In order to move on , could anyone put a new ballot asking which option will be voted next
-option A The professor
-option B Wonderland 2.0
-option C Bastion proposal

We need to speed up the process in order to move on

2 Likes

YES, but the date needs to be defined. It should be 25 January!
Why?
Sifu hit the news 27 January and for some it might have been 26 January (time zones).
On 26 January there was a major drop in market price! Why? Insider information, xyz, who knows…
That is why 25 January or before is a sensible date to respect long-terms holders.

Also, the redeemed tokens must be burned, so increasing the value of the tokens for those who continue to hold.

Edit. I might be mistaken on the date. There was a big dump on Jan 10 and a huge spike on Jan 12. What were those events?

1 Like

We accept RQ: quitters quit with some nice gift from the treasury, and we can move on.

We reject RQ: quitters rage quit at market price, and we can move on…

RageQuit should not be an option unless:

1. Only token holders prior to SifuGate are given the option and
  2. Time/Memo/wMemo tokenomics are stabilized and rebounding

Quite frankly the option The Professor proposed seems plausible and warranted.

My vote is no without these considerations. Something to remember most of these individuals who want out aren’t in it for the promise of the project, they’re here for the Arbitrage. Those of us that want to see the project succeed should all vote NO.

1 Like

I have been holding Time for a while and invested in since it was $8k and again several times later. I don’t think it’s fair to allow arbitrage people who haven’t held it for long time. I would against it unless it is only for long term holders.

1 Like

I’m going to say that this rage quit option is B.S. Using the treasury to buy back at backing price is no good for the reasons that:

1. too many people recently purchased under backing price and would make a profit.

2. It screws over the people who believed in this project since 2021 who invested when price of TIME or memo was in the 90k range.

An alternate proposal needs to be made to allow a rage quit option on treasury AT the price of memo (or TIME) when they bought to bring them whole, otherwise, this rage quit option is a way for Wonderland to essentially make a profit from the hurting community by buying community out of their coins at a lower price than purchased at.

1 Like

yes, I’d like this option

It’s been mentioned many time how - They drain a portion of the treasury that doesn’t include BSGG. The more they drain, the more holders profit at their expense. If everyone except you drained, then you would be left with $90mil treasury all to your self. So the more they drain the more you profit, as a holder

I’m a no. You want out, sell. It’s that easy. No rage quit option.

2 Likes

This WIP´s a big joke!

1. Rage quitters will drain the treasury, which will lower the generated revenue for EVERYONE WHO STAYS! They WILL BUY THEMSELVES BACK IN AND GET A BIGGER SHARE PERCENTAGE!

2. They will easily arbitrage to gain more voting power. You all know to what it can lead, if selfish, careless egoists have a lot of voting power (see the close WL unwinding vote)

3. Don´t let yourselves being fooled by their egoist propaganda! They will try to find every possible pro argument for rage quitting. Rage Quitting will NOT INCREASE THE REVENUE OF those that stayed!
    It will increase the tokens price, BUT IT WILL ALSO INCREASE THE RAGE QUITTERS VOTING POWER, WHEN THEY BUY BACK IN AND THEY POTENTIALLY WILL!

Save Wonderland from manipulation! VOTE NO ON RAGE QUIT! Don´t let them succeed in their second attempt to fk the frogs!

4 Likes

I for one would love a rage quit (very sarcastically). I bought in when TIME was $3300, around September, I bought half a TIME, but when the SIFU thing came out in public, I had over 2 TIME. Backing price then was over $6k, I would love my $13000 back, now here is the point.

1. I get a lot more for my $ than I have now.
  2. I now have nearly 8 TIME, can I sell um all at the +$6k
  3. Even if I could only sell the 2+ I had at backing price, I would profit, with over 5 left.
  4. Then with the $13k I could buy another 38 TIME .
  5. Oh, maybe I could then start to force another vote.

You all see the point here, DO NOT ALLOW a rage quit, no matter when the snapshot is taken from

2 Likes

oh, and by the way, you are welcome to edit that again, if it is against the way TIME is prepared to move

1 Like

I am completely against a rage quit option. We voted to not dissolve the treasury PERIOD! Rage quit is just another way to drain the treasury. THere was no promise to give investors their funds back. Let’s focus on value.

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about all of this, but maybe I am just here to be last.

Why not adjust the parameters of the Rage Quit option to include a delayed departure…if the RQO is even reasonable

1. those who choose to
  2. agree to a price
  3. wMemo gets locked into a position
  4. paid out over a determined period of time
    a. allow multiple options for payment period
  5. keep the crowd / allow the wound to heal
    b. exit stage left

So basically we want to give the chance to whales and people that manipulated our price to get more out of the treasury than the other long term holders… Voting no. This was a concern from the begining, even when we flipped the whale vote…we should just burn all the remaining wmemo tokens, and from there talk. No explicit audit is out as well so far

2 Likes

You have my yes vote. Over 1000 memo now, i will vote yes in order for wonderland to start fresh. I want off this ride.

1 Like

Yeah people should just sell if they want to sell bye

1 Like