STABILITY STRATEGY with AIRDROPS

its never enough lol

I agree. Weā€™ve had enough conflicts of interest from university professors during the ā€œHeist of the centuryā€ in 2008. We donā€™t need anymore. University Corruption

1 Like

Yes spread the love. Its great for a solid distribution and decentralization

There is a so called ā€œCompound interest effectā€.

When staking for 1 year, most of the gains will come in the last weeks.

Strong hands are already rewarded, i dont know why people are discussing locking periods / Airdrops / Boost APY and that stuffā€¦

3 Likes

Though I like the idea of being rewarded in something other than TIME for staking, so I donā€™t have to sell it and still have some liquid funds, letā€™s take a few real life examples of airdrop and staking?

Staking:

• Letā€™s look at Olympus. On their dashboard they have more or less constant number of 88%-91% of all supply staked. However, that did not stop the price falling violently in the past 2 weeks. There are other projects that I was part of that are not OHM forks that had a similar outcome. Why do we think that Wonderland will be different? Even if we have 90% staked, do you think it will prevent market volatility?

Airdrops:

• Several people used JADE as an example. Though I disagree that they are a rug team, they do things a little different. Yes, their first airdrop did come eventually, a day later than promised. However, it also came at a time when they started to aggressively reduce their insane APY to a more normal level, which led to a price crash in a matter of days. Even after the $3.3M airdrop there was no significant upward spike in priceā€¦

Thus, I donā€™t think any of the 2 options should be considered just by themselves, but together as a whole along with other strategies. I think knowing the end goal (is it growing treasury through trading fees or have more stable and rising price?) would help the community and the dev team to come up with appropriate long term strategy. Of course the key will be to communicate this clearly to the community to explain the long term vision and get the support.

Because they donā€™t understand the point of rebases and are short term thinking. Pretty much a group thatā€™s FUD.

These proposals will never make it to the next level.

Can we make a faq so we dont get these non issue proposals

1 Like

People donā€™t understand that the price can still move even when most of the coins are staked. In fact, the moves are usually more volatile. This is similar to short float stocks on the stock market. People manipulate those all the time. Itā€™s easier to do when thereā€™s less supply/volume to do so.

Reply to the results of this article:

The situation of Metaā€™s treasury buyback and distribution is currently in a rather negative state.
People will sell after they get extra wsMeta, which causes the price to fall.
Since then, a negative cycle has been created.
As a result, the packing of the treasury dropped from $92 to $72.

This phenomenon shows that only when the 66 pool is opened, it will have a positive incentive to the price. For the treasury to buy back and distribute,in addition to not reducing inflation, it will also have a negative impact on the treasury.

Conjectures for the future of metaverse:
It should have an incentive effect after Ash goes public,
They seem to intend to use Meta-stablecoin LP to mint Ash to get more transaction tax,
I had previously suggested using Meta to mint Ash directly to destroy Meta to reduce inflation, but it was not adopted.
Perhaps we can observe the impact of their LP application on inflation and prices.

I think thereā€™s been some great commentary above and so this contribution will be small and self interested, with the caveat that I imagine others are in the same position as me: Iā€™m a long-term holder and have never sold any of my $MEMO/$wMEMO but I have moved it across different wallets (hardware wallets, cold storage, etc.) for security purposes (versus simply using MetaMask when I first engaged with the protocol). Just a consideration that, at least speaking for myself, it would be disappointing to have lost out on airdrops that accounted for length of holding because Iā€™ve moved some of my Wonderland assets to cold storage. A small point, but something Iā€™d like to see considered for those advocating air drops.

Yeah, mine too, getting close to 70.000% APY does not seem to be enough for someā€¦ :expressionless:

I hope so, but am not too sure about that when I read what the majority of people have been writing in this discussion! :wink:

Majority of people coming in a thread about a subject they believe in to share their opinion is not a good metric to represent the opinion of the majority of holders.

1 Like

Dude, this was a joke!!! :expressionless:

Never know on this forum lol

1 Like

Personally I think loyalty should be rewarded. I think a 10% max sell of bag, within a timeframe is OK. Airdrops are just a vehicle to recognise this. If the Airdrop is paid in stablecoin then it prevents further $TIME selling. Any investor can buy or sell when they want, theyā€™ll just be excluded from Airdrops. As said in other replies, the protocol offers great APY and has a great team behind it, so it shouldnā€™t matter. At some point Iā€™ll need to take funds out and appreciate Iā€™ll be excluded from the airdrop but am mature enough to appreciate the importance of price stability and would exit the required amount over a time period avoiding price stability as best as possible. I will always hold a bag so thatā€™s really important to me.

I watched the whole ā€˜airdrops to incentivize holdingā€™ play out in real time during the decline of Jade Protocol. It was non-stop confusion and distraction that ultimately resulted in unnecessary FUD and most likely increased sell pressure.

In the end, the airdrops did nothing to stop the whales gaming the rebases, They were just a symptom of the larger mismanagement of the project.

The best path forward for Wonderland:

1. Focus on the investments planned for Q1.
  2. Keep the lines of communication open with the community. Be clear, be consistent.
  3. Build momentum with small, consistent wins.

People will hold because they believe the project is well-managed, and that it will be more valuable in the future.

Execute on the strategy, and the project will grow.

6 Likes

If we do have airdrops itā€™s preferable that it comes through a partnership or investments to maintain sustainability.

1 Like

100%. No need for special loyalty rewards. Stability comes with time as the market and project matures. The whole market is down. Silly to demand stability on a 4mo old start up in a super volatile sector of crypto which is very volatile in itself.

1 Like

Definitely a good proposal. A kick start! Keeping holders loyal throughout incentives are the keyā€¦

1 Like