[WIP #11] - Buy $SIFU Vision Tokens

Support from me, bring it

Our own inactions are slowly killing us. Let Sifu take the reins by buying his tokens.

2 Likes

The way I see it, 25mil is going to be a large chunk of the treasury after redemption, and locking it away for a year (which is forever in defi) will lower the WMemo backing value for holders, as these tokens will be illiquid and irredeemable. This hinders the idea of the previous passed WIP of quarterly redemption, and also means any potential gains made by SV tokens will be unrealizable until fully vested.

I get it, Sifu is a smart guy, but isnā€™t it the TMā€™s job to decide what projects to invest in? Are we just gonna skip that part of the process and give chunks of the treasury to people with projects because we like them? Also it seems like a massive conflict of interest considering this was written by Sifu himself (lol), who stands to benefit from investments into his project.

So yea, canā€™t wrap my head around how this is any good for Wonderland holders.

2 Likes

People also remember Wonderland for building a $1B Treasury, 400k+ community, and making non-stop profitable investments and moves while I was TM, while having access to efficient direct communication. Listening to narcs and FUD led to the current state of Wonderland: $180MM left, no profitable investments, nil revenue, nearly zero contact with the core team, and a TM who took 3 months to hire, and is leaving after his 3 month term.

A few stragglers may still believe that iā€™m a criminal, but those who refuse to read or listen to facts generally arenā€™t the people who we want to prioritize when making decisions. The goal of this WIP is to make money, you can create one to hire a PR firm if your priority is publicity. If you believe that I can do a good enough job at making money to be worth this small allocation of investment, then vote yes. If not, please donā€™t hesitate to vote no.

As for your comment about fees, that isnā€™t true. Both Sky and I have a high watermark and will not be earning for quite some time. In fact, Sky is leaving next month which further solidifies that he will not be earning fees from this.

9 Likes

Funds are not locked away for a year, they are linearly vested over the course of one year. Wonderland can claim and sell a portion every block during the course of 12 months. This means during quarterly redemption periods, Wonderland can claim and include a quarter of its $SIFU for distribution.

Yes, itā€™s the TMā€™s job to decide what projects to invest in. The TM, and remaining founders are supporting this proposal. I would like this to be voted in by the community, not solely by SkyH or Dani. My app was created to benefit a community of my supporters, I am not interested in doing this if Wonderland TM wants it but the community does not.

Not a conflict to write a proposal in this way. Apps who want investment from Wonderland are expected to write proposals for the community to discuss and vote on, as they did for Liquid Staking etc.

6 Likes

This is why it is going for a vote. You can vote no.

You can gauge also the RFC voting pool to see what the probability is that the vote will pass.

Thus, you have time, if you think this vote passes, to quite Wonderland through redemption.

These choices and information are all laid out for you.

2 Likes

Absolutely not interested. I do not see any possibility of gain and indeed, it would again be a loss of credibility for the Wonderland project, together with many users who have remained but who certainly will not like to go back to Sifu. In the current market conditions there are a lot of opportunities on really strong projects. Not Sifu Visionā€¦

2 Likes

I have watched a Tm that took wonderland to over 1b. There was never any untoward actions when Sifu ran the place that anyone can provide evidence for. Iā€™m more than happy to go ahead with this wip. If it passes and u donā€™t agree it looks like the redemption offer will work in your favor.

3 Likes

For communities benefit can you please explain how you are compensated from our investment? Please cover high water mark n mgmt fee etc.
That way we paint the full picture in complete transparency which will benefit everyone reading.

2 Likes

The majority of the community does not think Sifu is a criminal, the people whom think otherwise they left already at last RQ and thereā€™s upcoming RQ as well if you feel like you no longer trust the decision of this DAO or the future of WL, nobody is holding you hostage, we want aligned community, we are here to make money and investing in $sifu is a wise decision as we trust in him that he can do extraordinary trades that is why the DAO wants to invest 25mm in his project, some even ask why not more? It is a good project and straight forward buy hold sell at redemption, simple, effective, he makes money we make money.

4 Likes

never forget a 1b treasury and 3b MC when Sifu was in charge

3 Likes

Sure. There is no management fee, there is a 10% performance fee with high watermark. Due to the recent price action, I will earn no performance fee until $SIFU is over $120. I will essentially be working for Wonderland for free until I nearly triple your money.

9 Likes

People also remember Wonderland for building a $1B Treasury, 400k+ community, and making non-stop profitable investments and moves while I was TM, while having access to efficient direct communication. Listening to narcs and FUD led to the current state of Wonderland: $180MM left, no profitable investments, nil revenue, nearly zero contact with the core team, and a TM who took 3 months to hire, and is leaving after his 3 month term.

Sifu you have been TM during the FOMO of DanieleSesta saga. You did a very good job to take advantage of it, I have to admit. But Sky manage the treasury during the fall of Terra, Celsus and 3AC.

Itā€™s not a fair comparison I my opinion. $Sifu token plunged in the same time while WL kept the 30K

But iā€™m not here to discuss who did a better job, Iā€™m here because I donā€™t know how to invest by myself in principle.

Iā€™m pointing at the fact that Invest in $sifu is not free risk and safe high profit. Having done a good job before does not guarantee it will be done in the future

Blockquote
A few stragglers may still believe that iā€™m a criminal, but those who refuse to read or listen to facts generally arenā€™t the people who we want to prioritize when making decisions. The goal of this WIP is to make money, you can create one to hire a PR firm if your priority is publicity. If you believe that I can do a good enough job at making money to be worth this small allocation of investment, then vote yes. If not, please donā€™t hesitate to vote no.

I think that be attractive for new investors very important. And funding a ā€œCriminalā€ (thatā€™s what people think ) is putting WL in a bad spotlight.

Write a debunking post about the Sifu FUD. Be crystal clear with who criticizes you. This is the way to do it.

You have nothing to hide, itā€™s just easier to find false and partial information about you rather than your true story.

2 Likes

Kicking out the people that does not think like you itā€™s a very arrogant behavior.
Without critical thinking a project can never improve.
We are a DAO so we are here to listen all the opinion and mediate a common solution to problems.
Indeed Iā€™m here to express my opinion and if the Dao vote for invest in $sifu I can no stop it.

Iā€™m not here making pointless argument but Iā€™m showing my point of view and my arguments $sifu is a project only for whose fully trust sifu. You have to respect who have lost trust or donā€™t give trust to the first person they met

1 Like

$Sifu token plunged in the same time while WL kept the 30K

WL lost over $50MM during that plunge, ā€œkeeping the $30kā€ market price was the result of buybacks. Treasury balance should be the relevant factor. Though iā€™m not sure why we are comparing Wonderland SV performance?

Iā€™m pointing at the fact that Invest in $sifu is not free risk and safe high profit. Having done a good job before does not guarantee it will be done in the future

I agree. Did someone claim otherwise?

Write a debunking post about the Sifu FUD. Be crystal clear with who criticizes you. This is the way to do it.

The mods did a fantastic job of this, back in February. The Ontario Securities Commission also wrote a very lengthy report.

https://dao.wonderland.money/t/a-proposal-to-return-sifu-to-wonderland/14736

You have nothing to hide, itā€™s just easier to find false and partial information about you rather than your true story.

Click link above.

4 Likes

In my opinion even if i think sifu did a good job, his name brings bad marketing and vibes to the WL.
This should be proposed after WL proves that it is going the correct way and cares for its investorts /DAO
Also investing now that the price is low might be a good opportunity but its also after a big loss so people might think that we are ā€œsavingā€ Sifu project.

Please take all the above into account (i would vote yes for the suggestion since i trust SIFU and his good work)

2 Likes

You interpret my reply very wrongly, I said thereā€™s a redemption coming up if you are not happy with how this DAO is heading, majority of the DAO supports this proposal, your argument starts off by calling him a criminal, how is that constructive to begin with? I donā€™t have the authority to kick anyone out but I can show where the door is, itā€™s entirely up to you to stay or leave nobody is forcing anybody to leave or stay but this is the direction we are heading, how is that making me arrogant? You said this is a DAO and the DAO has spoken, itā€™s a wise investment, every token holders can vote yes if they are in favor of the proposal and also vote no if they donā€™t feel that itā€™s a good investment.

2 Likes

Blockquote
WL lost over $50MM during that plunge, ā€œkeeping the $30kā€ market price was the result of buybacks. Treasury balance should be the relevant factor. Though iā€™m not sure why we are comparing Wonderland SV performance?

Agree, itā€™s not my point to discuss on this

Blockquote
The mods did a fantastic job of this, back in February. The Ontario Securities Commission also wrote a very lengthy report.

Iā€™ve never seen this post, thanks for sharing. Iā€™ll read it carefully

Iā€™ve always stated that the crypto community outside wonderland think about Sifu as a criminal and, sadly, thatā€™s a fact.

Thank you for clarify what you said.

I showed my point, hopefully someone can feel them interesting.
Now itā€™s up to the vote to decide what to do

1 Like

Full send! Sifu knows defi better than any of us.

5 Likes