[WIP #7] - TheSkyhopper+Bastion Treasury Management

You need to be VERY specific what the definition “PROFIT” actually means and we need to agree on this upfront, 5% of “treasury value profit” with HWM would have to be the minimum .

1 Like

5%? It should be 10%. In tradfi hedge funds charge a 20% performance fee. Skyh is bringing a huge amount of experience and expertise here. Not to mention he’s doxxed and has presented a sensible and well thought out path forward for the treasury. We should be rolling out the red carpet for this guy, not quibbling over fees.

Let’s also not forget how costly delays are here. The treasury has been idle for months. Let’s get a move on already.

1 Like

I thought buybacks was a bad idea as it gives the whales an opportunity to arbitrage and drain the treasury?

1 Like

Solid proposal, this is a big stepping stone for Wonderland to move forward with new TM and start generating stream of revenue again. Let’s get on with the vote :grinning:

1 Like

Not if buy backs are done right. [RFC] - Proposal to burn wMemo Tokens - #58 by matjai

Make it a snapshot please!

1 Like

Report report report!! Weekly report for the 1st month, biweekly report onwards. Add community inputs for treasure investments mechanism (220000 heads work better than a few) Provide Whitelist opportunity for wMEMO holders. Provide a detail percentage of the treasure invested in which type of investment (Stables, blue chips, LP, NFT, VC,…) Create more utility for wMEMO and provide a complete list of all utility on regular bases and stored in the website/dapp.

2 Likes

So far so good. Sounds fair. Fee is reasonable. He’s doxxed. A pro portfolio manager. His association with Bifinex makes me hesitant but 3 months from now market looks likely to be green so no excuses if he fails. I say we give it a shot.

I read a lot of the comments but skipped a few so I don’t know if this had been asked or stated, but is 3 months too short? I know the crypto market moves fast, but last thing we need is to be voting on another treasury manager with incomplete information on how well the current treasury manager is doing.

1 Like

I appreciate that you’ve considered reducing this to 5%. Totally on board now. Not because you’ve cut your fees in half, but because you’ve shown you are willing to listen to the community. This is what this community will need to heal and progress long term.

Looking forward to making money with you!

4 Likes

Wen Lambo?

I think this is the path forward to Lambo.

Just a trial to show potential essentially. Renewal can be longer if trust/confidence is established.

Beautifully said. I agree. Front running can certainly be an issue. How is that addressed?

We need to be careful not to be so anxious for a :rocket: to :new_moon: that we leap at the first shiny proposal that comes along. Slow down.
We are currently in a bear market and it is likely to persist for the year. There is no hurry. Rather than putting X-person in charge of a multi-million-dollar treasury because they have a Linked-In and run what may amount to competing trade business.
I would prefer a Treasurer that is independent of the investment and marketing end things. Giving the keys to the vault to the same branch of the system making an investment strategy leaves WL Frogs open to longshot or frivolous investments that are not vetted.
I would prefer a group of Frog elected volunteers as a board to investigate and listen to investment ideas from Bastion or whoever else may be looking for VC money.
IF in time we find an investment group that has earned the trust of WL Frogs and demonstrated an ability to make good investments, then at that time we may feel confident about hiring them on a performance basis.
The last thing we should do is think that we are not in control and are willing to be so eager that we make rash decisions because we are down on our investments. Patience is the key. I trust the people within the WL community. For now, we can look to invest without making a commitment to an unknown promise. Let’s not leap, before we take the time to look. It is really easy to spend money, not so easy to be profitable.

I absolutely agree with you. The percent of fees (which should be 3% to start, IMO) needs to be based on the total amount earned through revshare for wmemo holders. It cannot be based on total treasury value. Please define “profit”!

1 Like

Communication is the most important part, listening and considering the suggestions is a good step forward!!
I think we will have a bright future with skyhopper and his team if they meet the goals!

2 Likes

I like it. Let’s do it.

1 Like

I think 10% incentive is too much.
Why not 5% and a performance bonus of extra 2% after certain time/period?

I have been able to communicate with Masahide Hoshi from Bastion, besides his obvious qualifications in terms of experience, being doxxed, having a professional team with him, taking just a 5% fee, the amount of time he has spent in the discord answering questions in the most open way possible…

what has really shined through with him, is how humble, kind, gracious with his time, and overall good guy SkyH has been.

when dealing with a community as big as ours, and one that has gone thru the things we have as a community, being a good person may be THE most important quality our new TM could have. Having empathy for others and genuinely wanting to help others is the one trait I think is hardest to find at the highest level of crypto trading performers.

this guy flat out cares.

I know this may come across a little naive to others, but so be it. To me than means a lot and thats why he gets my vote.

Good luck sir. Legacy making opportunity here. I am sure you’ll give it your best shot.

2 Likes

I am generally OK with this proposal - its all pretty low hanging fruit in terms of Treasury Management functionality - and all necessary and vital for forward momentum!

A couple of things I would like Wonderland and the proposal to address:

OVERSIGHT: Who is watching the Treasury Manager?
Bastion is an external party and under this proposal given control of a large treasury.

One concern is that Bastion personnel will front-run Wonderland Treasury buys on their own Bastion accounts for profit - enter before Wonderland buys, price goes up, then dump for profit.

Will Wonderland have transparency over Bastion’s Addresses and will someone at Wonderland be delegated with Forensic Examination of their on-chain activity?
Should examination of suspicious activity demonstrate that Bastion is likely behaving untoward, (including likely not disclosed all addresses under their control or influence) it should lead to termination of agreement and loss of any distribution.

INCENTIVE
The Incentive structure with a high water mark makes sense. I would even propose a higher percentage for overachievement above 2nd highwater mark. 5% then going to 8% for extreme positive results.

But to align interest with Wonderland more closely, I would like to see a Carried Interest function baked into the proposal.
A significant percentage of the External Treasury Managers Performance Fee Earnings should be held back and re-invested along with Wonderlands. This is typical in TradFi private equity management.
These retained earning are reinvested along with Wonderland Funds and distributed at some future time (1 or 2 year rolling, not 5yr like PE) along with gains made those earnings.
Should Bastion do anything untoward, this carried interest will be forfeit.

Any Wonderland and Treasury Manager agreement should incentivise success and build multiple lines of revenue (from stables, farming, VC and others). It should also structure an agreement to account for untoward circumstances also, and mitigate for those risks.

Aligned with the appointment of a new Treasury manager, from Wonderland, I would like to see implementation of better COMMS structure and COMMs talent - invest in Public Relations and Investor Relations - to communicate the Wonderland (and Treasury Manager’s) activity and growth. Next?

Those are my initial thoughts.

AdamFx