[DAO Discussion] Wonderland Moderator Compensation

I agree that mods should be paid.
Every kind of job should be paid.

But in this case, I would like this to be subordinate to the replacement of the TM position first.

There is no Wonderland without someone that can handle our money.

1 Like

I like this, but there is one issue I see.

Worst case scenario, in the future we may decide to vote to wind down wonderland for various possible reasons. We can’t rule that out. Alternatively, perhaps it will be a buyout that would result in a change of management and moderation.

If Mods are being paid, they are incentivised to moderate discussion in a way to shut down opinions of those that would want to wind down, since they would lose compensation.

Thats why companies have a thing called “golden parashoot”, which gives management a big bonus if the company was ever wound down, or taken over, etc. Any corporate event that would make them lose their position.

This type of policy will make management/moderators more neutral on these matters and act in the best interest of “shareholders”

1 Like

Way to go. So what are the details of their compensation packages?

Thank you for your input on the proposal, Golden parachute does seems like a fair deal however, that would only be for management team afaik (If there are any at all). Moderators are simply community management roles and are not part of the core team, thus golden parachute will most likely not be for us in the case of buyout or takeover.

Our primary job is to keep the community in order, constructive arguments are welcome but FUD and trolls are not, we do voice our opinions just like everyone else in the community and we only timeout/ban people who break the rules whether they are voicing the same opinion or against, we treat everyone equally for the good of community.

300k per year… this is ridiculous. As a long term investor I feel fucked over not once but triple now. How about all the people that are 99% down? How about getting this project back on Track again? How about Dani and Sifu stick to their promise to compensate ppl under them with their own Funds to regain our trust?

This feels just like one big fuckery.

3 Likes

People freakout needs managing. Communications a must. The treasury is allocated & intact. Many DAO still going down. Treasury Manager tick off next in line.

As far as I know, only shit projects pay for mods, because mods are required to ban “FUD” and the purpose is to scam. It’s hard to imagine this proposal on the wonderland forum.

We have been banning FUD since the beginning of time, that’s our main priority actually and ban scammers in the process.

100%. Would have preferred the proposal states the compensation package as % of monthly farming revenue, not treasury size (easy to make an amount seem trivial when expressed as % of a 500M sum). Afaik our current farming revenue is 0 and yields are not great as of late.

If y’all getting paid now can I at least get access to the discord? I got randobanned a while ago by a bot so this proposal means diddly to me. I’m okay with the proposal if we change the job descriptions to “community manager” and don’t limit their work only to the governance forum and discord. Twitter and reddit are much more visible, just as important and should not be neglected. I’ve been able to keep relatively up to date with recent developments though piecing together comments and tweets from multiple sources, but I’ve also seen hundreds of people (who don’t have as much free time as I do) complaining about not knowing whats going on since they’re not in the discord.

@Solal_777 Just to be clear, we are not asking for a % of the treasury, but a flat rate. Asking for a % of the farming could be an option, but we used to make 1 million a day, so we’d need to have a crazy low % or we’d make crazy money. Also, we don’t have control over any of that. So our salary would be based on the TM’s competence instead of our own work. Could be an options, but seems weird to me.

@turboswitchinglanez Make a post in the support section of the forum with your Discord ID and we can look into it.

@Flausch We are also down, but I understand what you are saying. As for liquidation compensation, that is with Dani and not really affected by this proposal.

1 Like

NO Thats some people yearly salary you want to give them a month. How bout use that money for buy backs instead.

1 Like

Well said. I’m on this one.
My final word would be. What if we got the ship sailing or at least prepared for sail, before this discussion.

1 Like

First of all, I am appalled to those who outrightly reject this proposal. You want the mods to do a great job but you said they should not be paid? would you do it if it were you? Then some said we dont need them afterall, they are useless, but you want tip-top communications among the community? what an irony. haih, I dont think these people have ever properly worked in a professional environment before.

Anyway, since quite many are opposing this and I do agree this kinda proposal should just be between the mods and the TM, I suggest you guys just go and submit your proposal to dani (since he is acting TM right now) and be done with it. To get the approval from everyone, when a lot of them think you guys are responsible/can do anything with the price tanking right now is just a waste of time.

In the meantime @isthatlowfat has proposed to create “petty cash” account for the mods, I guess you can use that first for some sort of small compensation?
https://dao.wonderland.money/t/emergency-wonderland-operational-budget-allocation/17051

2 Likes

Thanks for reply!

As an FYI, Dani has already seen the proposal and “approved” it in principle, but he asked for it to be posted here and go through the process, so here we are :slight_smile:

That being said, we do value the opinion of the community, so we do want to hear from those that outrightly reject it like you said since some do provide points that we can build on through the process.

This is an immature response from moderators.

I am sorry but you keep posting here the same message again and again about DANI.

As an FYI, Dani has already seen the proposal and “approved” it in principle, but he asked for it to be posted here and go through the process, so here we are

Where is DANI? If he is not discussing this here, there’s no proof about your statement. If Dani has agreed to the proposal, the community needs to hear from him why he thinks it’s a good proposal.

If your argument is that “DANI is BUILDING, HE is a BUILDER”, stop there. If he doesn’t have time to discuss this here, you don’t get to advertise his approval.

2 Likes

so you want to essentially earn more than average wage in a standard western country to do a little moderator work that most mods do for free everywhere else? yeah, no. otherwise i want 1k MIM a month as well for stating my opinion on things.

3 Likes

100% this. there was so immensely much fuckup that there is no compensation deserved at this time. get this thing back on track, get buybacks running again and ffs DO SOMETHING at least. this shit has been going on for weeks with nothing accomplished apart from throwing away money.

if you get this project running properly again and if we got revenue share and proper communication for 2 or 3 months then we can talk about this again. if dani wants to pay you maybe HE should pay you and not everyone else.

all i see so far is a project dead on the ground with no future prospects and now, while its lying on the ground you kick it to get even more money out of it. absolute no-go. its ridiculous that there is even a discussion about this.

why is he hiding there? why is he doing nothing on the actual, official forum, where all discussion should take place? does he even have an account on here?

Dani doesn’t hide in mod chat, he actually speaks in general about 95/100 times. Mod chat is of course where all the critical discussion related to moderating the community occurs.